Emfuleni Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EMFULENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
The Emfuleni Local Municipality is one of 3 Local Municipalities within the Sedibeng District Municipality, in the Gauteng province of South Africa.
The Category B municipality shares borders with the City of Johannesburg Metro, Metsimaholo Local Municipality, Midvaal Local Municipality, Rand West City Local Municipality and JB Marks Local Municipality.
The municipalities main economic sectors include (from highest to lowest): manufacturing, community services, finance, trade, transport, construction and electricity.
ABOUT THE EMFULENI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Emfuleni Local Municipality is inviting students residing within Emfuleni, to apply for the Mayoral Bursary for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who have completed Grade 12, and are intending on studying within ANY field of study, at a University or other institution of higher learning.
MORE ABOUT THE EMFULENI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and books. The bursary may also provide cover for accommodation and meals.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Emfuleni Local Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EMFULENI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within Emfuleni Local Municipality, in Gauteng
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must be entering your 1st year of undergraduate study in 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a university or other institutions of higher learning in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged families, which are registered on indigent database categories
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EMFULENI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Emfuleni Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Mid-year results (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of admission to a relevant tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Details of projected study duration, course scope and tuition costs (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence: Emfuleni Local Municipality’s Utility Bill (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed: certified copies, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of families registered indigent status, if applicable
CLOSING DATE FOR THE EMFULENI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2022 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Emfuleni Local Municipality directly:
Contact person 1: Martha
Tel: 016 950 5205 or 084 686 4418
Contact person 2: Sannah
Tel: 016 950 5452 or 072 471 5460 or