Breede Valley Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
Breede Valley Municipality Bursary South Africa Details;
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BREEDE VALLEY MUNICIPALITY
The Breede Valley is well known for its natural beauty – including picturesque mountains, lush valleys, indigenous semi-desert vegetation, and vineyards and vast plains. Its major towns include Worcester (where most of its residents are located), Touws River, De Doorns and Rawsonville.
Breede Valley Municipality is one of the 5 local municipalities situated within the Cape Winelands District Municipality, in the Western Cape province of South Africa. It shares its borders with Stellenbosch, Drakenstein, Witzenberg, Langeberg and the Central Karoo District. The Category B municipality has 7 main economic sectors, namely (in descending order): agriculture, community services, finance, manufacturing, trade, transport and construction.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The Mopani District Municipality is inviting students who reside within the greater Breede Valley municipal area, to apply for their bursary programme for the 2021 academic year. The bursary will cover undergraduate studies within the following fields only:
- Cost Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
Successful candidates will be within 2 months of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside within the greater Breede Valley municipal area, in the Western Cape province
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be studying or intend on studying at a SAQA accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (check if your institute is SAQA registered here)
- Must NOT be in receipt of any type of bursary or financial assistance from another institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Breede Valley Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected from the Breede Valley Municipality in Worcester, as wells as in Rawsonville, De Doorns and Touwsrivier (at the reception of the Human Resource offices).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institutes letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees, including book fees (on institutes letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Full detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ bank statements if self-employed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of Residence (municipal account)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com
(Insert the words “Treasury Bursary 2021” in the email subject line).
5 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Breede Valley Municipality directly:
Contact person: O’Ryan Wilson
Tel: 023 348 4985 (during office hours only)
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December