ArcelorMittal Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ARCELORMITTAL
ArcelorMittal South Africa, originally known as Iscor Ltd when it was first founded in 1928, is part of the world’s biggest steel producer, Arcelor-Mittal.
ArcelorMittal South Africa are the biggest steel producing company in Africa, supplying more than 60% of the steel used throughout South Africa and producing around 7 million tonnes of liquid steel each year. The JSE Securities Exchange-listed company is headquartered in Gauteng, South Africa.
The company has an industrial presence in around 60 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America. They are also leaders in major global markets including construction, automotive, packaging and household appliances.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The ArcelorMittal Science Centre is inviting Engineering students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for students within the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE ARCELORMITTAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation in residence, meals, and a cash payment for a personal computer.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks after the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by 22 October 2021, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Selected candidates will be subject to a pre-employment medical exam.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ARCELORMITTAL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying towards a 4 year Engineering degree (only Electrical, Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering)
- You must be studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematics Literacy or Functional Mathematics)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for the rest of your subjects in Matric
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARCELORMITTAL BURSARY
Students who meet all of the criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter, including: your selected field of study, your university of choice and why you should be awarded the bursary
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to the ArcelorMittal Science Centre at: email@example.com
(Insert the words “ArcelorMittal Science Centre Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ARCELORMITTAL BURSARY
1 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ArcelorMittal South Africa directly:
Contact person: Amanda
Tel: 022 719 1058
ArcelorMittal Science Centres Executive Manager
Tel: 016 988 0509
ArcelorMittal Science Centre Sebokeng (Gauteng)
Tel: 016 988 0509
Physical Address: 4 Samuel Street, Sebokeng, 1983
ArcelorMittal Science Centre Saldanha (Western Cape)
Tel: 022 719 1058 / 022 719 1479
Physical Address: Esperanza Hostel, 8 Main Road, Vredenburg, 7380
ArcelorMittal Science Centre Newcastle (Kwazulu Natal)
Tel: 034 314 1247
Physical Address: Police Station Road, Section 2, Madadeni
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES