Golelo Trust Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GOLELO TRUST
Golelo Trust Bursary South Africa | The Golelo Trust was formed by SKF South Africa in December 2016, with the sole aim of advancing the education and development of Black Women in the country, by providing them with bursaries to fund their tertiary studies within the mechanical engineering sector. Since the Trust was formed, 17 women have received funding for their studies.
ABOUT THE GOLELO TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Golelo Trust is inviting Black female students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards an undergraduate degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Female students who have proven academic performance, but lack funding should apply.
MORE ABOUT THE GOLELO TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbook fees, accommodation in residence, as well as a monthly cash allowance for meals, transport and other study-related expenses.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year, however, it may be extended based on academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and undergo psychometric testing before the final selection is made. Successful candidates will be required to sign a formal contract with Golelo Trust.
The bursary will be awarded on the basis that the students 1st year, year-end results are in line with the results declared during the application process. Golelo Trust reserves the right to cancel the offer of a bursary if the results are much lower than the academic performance presented during the application process.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GOLELO TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a Black (African, Indian or Coloured) Female student
- You must be studying towards a Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree or diploma
- You must have completed your 1st year of study and be entering your 2nd or higher year of study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university or university of technology in South Africa
- You must be studying with the Gauteng province
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOLELO TRUST BURSARY
Download and complete the Golelo Trust Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Identity Document (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, including most recent results/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Proof of address (municipal account, telephone account etc)
- Completed Annexure A form (.pdf)
Note: all documents must be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
PO Box 13157
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GOLELO TRUST BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Golelo Trust directly:
Contact Person: Corlé Grobler
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com