Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ZULULAND ANTHRACITE COLLIERY
Zululand Anthracite Colliery (Pty) Ltd, also known as “ZAC”, is the sole producer of prime anthracite in South Africa. Located in Emakhalathini, close to Richards Bay, ZAC operates an underground, deep level, narrow seam operation, by making use of continuous miners and drill and blast mining techniques. The company operates 3 shafts and a 4th shaft is due to open in 2022.
The history of the company dates back to 1981, when resources were first discovered by Transnatal Coal & Utah Mining JV, however it wasn’t until 1985 that they were developed by BHP Billiton.
ABOUT THE ZULULAND ANTHRACITE COLLIERY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
- Diesel Mechanical
- Mining Engineering
Final selection will be made by ZAC Management and successful candidates will be contacted within 30 days after the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback, unfortunately, your application has not been successful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ZULULAND ANTHRACITE COLLIERY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a naturalized citizen
- You must be studying towards a qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at an approved tertiary institution in South Africa, that is registered and accredited with the Council for Higher Education (CHE)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% for all modules completed to date
- You must be a previously disadvantaged individual
- You must be in financial need
- You must be from a designated group – per the Employment Equity Act
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ZULULAND ANTHRACITE COLLIERY BURSARY
Download and complete the Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results
- Letter of acceptance from the university
- Motivational letter to support your application, including details of your academic ability, financial need and future career plans (to be completed on the application form)
- Parents or guardians ID Documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income:
- If employed: most recent payslip (not older than 6 months) or letter from company confirming income
- If unemployed: affidavit or official confirmation of temporary income
- If self-employed: financial balance sheet, latest official income statement or latest tax clearance certificate
- If a pensioner: pension advice copy from social welfare (not older than 6 months) or affidavit from the Department of Social Services
Note: candidates must submit their final year-end results within 20 after receiving them – selection will be based on final results, therefore failure to submit these results may lead to cancellation of your application.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “ZAC Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ZULULAND ANTHRACITE COLLIERY BURSARY
1 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Tel: 035 874 7300 / 011 783 7996