Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) Bursary 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – VWSA
Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA), formed in 1946, produces components for the entire Volkswagen Group at its Uitenhage plant, as well as producing the popular VW Polo and Cross Polo. VWSA is owned by the subsidiary company Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (VWAG) in Germany, which is also South Africa’s biggest German investment.
The company has become the Eastern Cape’s biggest private employer and has thus built enduring relationships with communities across South Africa.
VWSA has launched numerous projects with their “Volkswagen for Good” initiative, including Literacy for Kwa-Nobuhle which helps to ensure that the children of Uitenhage learn to read fluently by the age of 10; the Show of Hands volunteer programme whereby VWSA employees and their families volunteer for various causes; The Children of VW Bursary which allows children of VW employees who have good grades, to attend top schools in the area as well as attend extra Mathematics and Science lessons; Young Entrepreneurs Programme which helps shape the mind of kids aged 7 to 15, by teaching them about entrepreneurship.
ABOUT THE VWSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) is inviting students who are citizens or permanent residents of South Africa, to apply for their bursary programme for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Applied Mathematics / Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Finance / Accounting
- Financial Information Systems
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production/Operations Management
- Purchasing / Logistics / Supply Chain
- Software Development / IT
We are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the VWSA Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE VWSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, books, stationery, accommodation, meals, as well as a laptop for study purposes.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work, receive mentoring and development, as well additional study support.
Candidates will undergo the following before final selection is made: screening, shortlisting, an interview and psychometric assessments. Candidates must meet the VWSA Equity requirements.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VWSA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a South African permanent resident
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full time towards an undergraduates qualification in one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be entering your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a Bachelor’s pass with a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at the tertiary level if currently studying
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VWSA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) Bursary Application 2022
Reference Number: VWS220221-1
Candidates will be required to register an account and thereafter, login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Letter from the Department of Labour, if a permanent resident but not a South African citizen
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- A motivational letter stating why you should be selected to receive the VWSA bursary programme
CLOSING DATE FOR THE VWSA BURSARY
11 March 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) directly:
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA & UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND