UWC Faculty of Education Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UWC FACULTY OF EDUCATION
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) was first founded in 1960 and has since become a prominent leader in the country’s higher educational landscape. UWC is committed to achieving excellence in learning, research, and innovation all whilst staying true to its goal of being a university aiming to serve the public good. The University of the Western Cape aims to provide each of its 23 000+ students with relevant education and opportunities that will help them pursue lifelong careers. The university has 7 faculties, namely Arts and Humanities, Dentistry, Community Health, Education, Economic and Management Sciences, Law, and Natural Sciences.
The Faculty of Education offers a number of academic programmes to students at all levels, covering fields such as teacher education, higher education, adult education, and vocational education. The main aim of the Department of Education is to prepare students to become active and responsible citizens who contribute greatly to their communities.
ABOUT THE UWC FACULTY OF EDUCATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The UWC Faculty of Education is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
The DVC Postgraduate Masters Student Funding covers studies towards an MEd (Master of Education) degree at UWC – for full-time and part-time students who are in need of funding to further pursue their studies.
MORE ABOUT THE UWC FACULTY OF EDUCATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide full cover for tuition fees (subject to the availability of funds).
Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement for the registration of each year that is required to complete their degree as specified by the faculty.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UWC FACULTY OF EDUCATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a have permanent resident in South Africa
- You must be enrolling for your first year of MEd studies, for the 2022 academic year
- You must intend on studying on a full-time and part-time basis
- You must showcase strong academic abilities
- You must NOT be employed in the UWC Work Study Programme (including Tutor, Teaching Assistant or Student Assistant)
- You must be in financial need (with a total combined household income of NO MORE than R350 000 per annum)
- You must NOT be receiving funding from any other sources
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UWC FACULTY OF EDUCATION BURSARY
Students who meet all of the criteria may apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Proof of confirmation of admission at UWC for 2022
- Academic transcripts (copies only)
- A motivational letter stating your current financial status and why you are applying for the bursary
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of your parents or guardians household income (if employed: latest payslips, wage slips, employment letter stating income, employment contract stating income, if self-employed: tax income documents, if unemployed: affidavit, if receiving a grant: SASSA letter stating the amount)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Submit your application to the relevant departmental administrators:
- Department of Educational Psychology: Ms Brenda Wanza (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of Educational Studies: Ms Sinazo Dibela (email@example.com)
- Department of Language Education: Ms Mathsidiso Dayimani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of School of Mathematics and Science Education: Ms M Lakay (email@example.com)
- Department of Institute for Post-school studies: Ms J Santon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Successful applicants will be requested to submit the following documentation:
- Proof of admission
- Proof/ confirmation of banking details (must be no older than 3 months)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UWC FACULTY OF EDUCATION BURSARY
3 December 2021 (at 16:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of the Western Cape directly:
Contact Person: Professor Rajendran Govender (Acting Dean)
Tel: 021 959 3888