Africa Wetu Foundation Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
Africa Wetu Foundation Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AWF
Africa Wetu Foundation (AWF) is committed to playing a major role in the African continent, by empowering the youth of the continent by providing them access to educational opportunities that enhance their skills and knowledge.
AWF’s mission is to increase the accessibility of education for young students by the means of effective mobilization of relationships, innovation, and resources. Their vision is to play a part in solving the problem we face of many under-skilled and uneducated youth. Their vision is to empower disadvantaged communities and allow them to have access to education and a future.
AWF also has a vision that each student on the continent should be properly and confidently prepared for their professional life after school, no matter what form of training they choose to embark on.
ABOUT THE AWF BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The African Wetu Foundation has established a bursary programme with the aim of providing financial assistance to candidates who aim to obtain a full-time Master’s Degree.
The bursary programme is available for the 2022 academic year, for studies at the following institutions and departments:
- University of Cape Town (UCT) – Faculty of Science: Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
- University of the Western Cape (UWC) – Faculty of Natural Science
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) – Department of Environmental and Occupational study
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees only and successful recipients will be notified by the end of November 2021.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWF BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in the process of completing an Honours Degree or Bachelor of Technology level courses
- You must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions: UCT, UWC or CPUT
- You must have been accepted to study towards a Masters Degree in 2022, within one of the aforementioned faculties or departments
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AWF BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Africa Wetu Foundation Bursary Application
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- All academic transcripts or records of results (certified copy)
- Degree certificates (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter to your Master’s Programme
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- A motivational letter (1 page)
- A brief research intention
Please note: All certified documentation should be no older than 3 months.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AWF BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the African Wetu Foundation directly:
Tel: 087 148 9444