Public Investment Corporation (PIC) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PIC
The Public Investment Corporation SOC Ltd (PIC) is under the ownership of the South African Government and is the only South African investment management company, whose focus is solely on the public sector.
As a leading investment management company in Africa, its top clients include the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), the Compensation Commissioner Fund (CC), the Associated Institutions Pension Fund (AIPF), the Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) and the Compensation Commissioner: Pension Fund (CCPF).
ABOUT THE PIC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Public Investment Corporation (PIC) is inviting students living with disabilities, to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Information Communications & Technology
- Internal Auditing
- Investment Management
- Mathematical Statistics
- Risk and Compliance Management
MORE ABOUT THE PIC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE DURATION & SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded for the full academic duration until studies are complete (only for studies at a single academic institution).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted no later than 31 January 2022 – if you have not received any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PIC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be under 30 years of age
- You must be living with a disability
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be starting your first undergraduate qualification in 2022
- You must be registered to study at a recognized and accredited institute of Higher Learning in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be unemployed
- You must be in financial need
- You must be a previously disadvantaged student from a designated group
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PIC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Public Investment Corporation (PIC) Bursary Application 2022
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcripts, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- University acceptance letter/ preliminary acceptance letter (on institutions letterhead)
- Quotation stating fees payable (tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence and meals) (on institutions letterhead)
- Signed student loan agreement or contract, if applicable
- Proof of disability (medical certificate)
- Proof of monthly household income and dependents (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, affidavit stating annual income if self-employed, death certificate if deceased, SASSA letter if receiving a grant, court letter stating child support amount if parents are divorced, affidavit from parent stating child support amount received if parents are separated)
Note: documents must have been certified within the last 3 months.
Note: application forms must be signed by the applicant, or by a parent or guardian if the applicant is under 18 years old.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PIC BURSARY
4 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) directly:
The Public Investment Corporation SOC Ltd (PIC)
Tel: 012 742 3400
Ensure that you include your contact details when submitting an inquiry, so that PIC can get back to you.
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA & UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES