Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY AND SAAHST
Potchefstroom Academy was first established and founded by Tina Scholtz in 1981. Today, Potchefstroom Academy is one of the leading private tertiary institutions within the country offering subjects such as Interior Design and Decorating, Photography, Somatology, Therapeutic Massage, Therapeutic Reflexology, and Therapeutic Aromatherapy. Potchefstroom is a safe and friendly student town, allowing for young individuals to not only engage in their studies but also partake in recreational activities.
SAAHST was acquired in 2003 as a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institution, providing students with expert Business Management Studies, Hairdressing, Cosmetology, and Nail Technology training. SAAHST also offers a number of career-focused short courses, tailored to update and enhance the skills of their students. SAAHST is an accredited National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB) Trade Test Centre for Hairdressing.
ABOUT THE POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY AND SAAHST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. The #Twenty20You bursary programme is available for studies at Potchefstroom Academy, towards one of the following qualifications:
- Interior Design
The bursary is aimed at aspiring beauticians, hairstylists, photographers, and interior designers who aim to not only enhance their skills and knowledge of their trade but also, one day, open their very own business.
MORE ABOUT THE POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY QUALIFICATIONS
- The Somatology qualification will include 3 years of full-time study, towards a Diploma in Somatology (NQF level 6). Read more about the Somatology qualification at Potchefstroom Academy here.
- The Cosmetology qualification will include 1 year of full-time study, towards a Further Education and Training Certificate: Cosmetology (NQF level 4). Read more about the Cosmetology qualification at Potchefstroom Academy here.
- The Hairdressing qualification will include 2 years of full-time study towards a QCTO Occupational Certificate in Hairdressing (NQF level 4) and 1 year of industry experience. Read more about the Hairdressing qualification at Potchefstroom Academy here.
- The Interior Design qualification will include 3 years of full-time study, towards a Diploma in Interior Design (NQF level 6). Read more about the Interior Design qualification at Potchefstroom Academy here.
- The Photography qualification will include 2 year of full-time study, towards a Higher Certificate in Photography (NQF level 5) (1st year of study) and an Advanced Certificate in Photography (NQF level 6) (2nd year of study). Read more about the Photography qualification at Potchefstroom Academy here.
MORE ABOUT THE POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY AND SAAHST BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees for the 1st year of study. OFM will also award an amount of R10 000 cash, to be used towards any additional study fees (textbooks, equipment, meals, etc).
The bursary will not provide cover for accommodation and meals.
The selection process will include:
- The selection process will include:
- Applications will be assessed and students will be selected by a panel of judges.
- Finalists will be required to complete further assessments and attend a final interview.
- Successful candidates will be announced no later than 22 January 2022.
- Bursary holders will be required to register for their course by 31 January 2022 and take up classes on 7 February 2022.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY AND SAAHST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric of NQF level 4 equivalent
- You must reside within or near the Potchefstroom area
- You must intend on studying full-time towards any of the above qualifications, at Potchefstroom Academy in 2022
- You must be interested in pursuing a career in any of the above-mentioned fields
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY AND SAAHST BURSARY
Candidates must follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Download and complete the Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Application Form (.pdf)
Step 2: Gather copies of the following supporting documentation along (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ record of matric exam/ NQF level 4 qualification
- Video, showcasing the following: your skills in any of the above-mentioned courses, followed by an explanation as to why you would be a deserving candidate for the bursary (this part is to be done at the end of the video) (30 seconds long, in MP4 format, a maximum size of 10 MB)
- Motivational letter (maximum 200 words)
- Portfolio of your work (Interior Design and Photography candidates only)
Step 3: Submit all the above documents, including your application form at Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary Application
Note: Interior Design and Photography candidates will also be required to complete the skills’ assessment portfolio (.pdf)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POTCHEFSTROOM ACADEMY AND SAAHST BURSARY
19 January 2022 (at midnight).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Potchefstroom Academy directly:
Tel: 018 294 9037 / 018 294 5581
(During office hours: Monday to Friday, 07h30 to 16h30)