MultiChoice Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MULTICHOICE
MultiChoice, established in 1993, is a South African company that operates the DStv Satellite Television service across Sub-Saharan Africa. The company includes 5 services: M-NET, a satellite television subscription service; Showmax, an online video-on-demand subscription service; GOtv, a Digital terrestrial television platform; Supersport, a collection of sports channels on the DStv network and Irdeto, a digital platform security company.
In 2018 Multichoice Africa launched the Multichoice Talent Factory academies to allow 60 students from 13 countries to take part in the year-long academic and practical immersion programme.
ABOUT THE MULTICHOICE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
MultiChoice is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in the following fields (for all years of study, including 1st postgraduate degrees):
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Data and Information Science
- Digital Media Technologies
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Information Technology (AI & Robotics)
MORE ABOUT THE MULTICHOICE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
MultiChoice will be awarding R20 million in funding, to approximately 200 students. 10 students will receive funding from the Nomzamo Lighthouse Foundation, a partner of MultiChoice and an organisation that invests in the youth of South Africa.
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and a yearly living allowance.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the MultiChoice Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MULTICHOICE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 28 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification, within one of the fields listed above (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised Higher Learning Institute in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric, if not studying yet
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% if currently studying at the tertiary level
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MULTICHOICE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
MultiChoice Bursary Application 2022
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can log in and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Recent academic record: Matric certificate, academic transcript (certified copies)
- Proof acceptance or preliminary acceptance from an accredited tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Disability medical certificate, if applicable
Note: documents must have been certified within the last 3 months.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MULTICHOICE BURSARY
15 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact MultiChoice directly: