Mercedes-Benz Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MERCEDES-BENZ
Mercedes-Benz, founded by Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler in 1926 as “Daimler-Benz”, is a division of Daimler AG, a German company. The global automobile manufacturing company is well-known for its luxurious vehicles, coaches, buses and lorries.
Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the companies’ history actually dates back to 1886 when Karl Benz’s “Benz Patent-Motorwagen” was considered the first gasoline-powered automobile.
ABOUT THE MERCEDES-BENZ BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Mercedes-Benz South Africa is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Business Studies (Business Economics, Marketing, Sales and After sales)
- Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc)
- Finance and Controlling
- Human Resources
- Information Technology and Communication
- Law (Legal and Compliance)
- Procurement and Logistics
MORE ABOUT THE MERCEDES-BENZ BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to partake in psychometric assessments, before final selection is made. If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks and meals. Bursary recipients may also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work at the Mercedes-Benz, East London plant, during holidays, and the chance to join the MBSA Graduate Development programme after graduation. (conditions apply)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MERCEDES-BENZ BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen, or you must qualify for a work visa or permit, if a foreign national (per the provisions of the Immigration Act 13, 2002)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the above fields, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric (if not studying yet)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% at tertiary level (if currently studying)
- You must NOT be an employee of the Mercedes-Benz group of Companies in South Africa
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MERCEDES-BENZ BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Mercedes-Benz Bursary Application 2022
(Reference number: MER0001ET9)
Candidates will be required to register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy) or proof of foreign national status in South Africa (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric the latest results, if Matric results are not available (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of disability/ medical certificate, if disabled
Note: 2021 final/ year-end results (Matric or tertiary) will be used in the selection process. Grade 11 results will be used as a placeholder, until Matric final results are submitted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MERCEDES-BENZ BURSARY
10 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mercedes-Benz South Africa directly:
Contact Person: Koketso Dineo Mookeletsi
Note: the above email address is for queries only – applications received to this email will NOT be accepted.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December