Learner Law Enforcement Officer Required
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the following positions.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
LEARNER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
PAY SCALE: TASK LEVEL T 6
BASIC SALARY: R96 748 PER ANNUM
REF NUMBER: SS 22/12
- Grade 12 qualification (Matriculation Certificate).
- Successfully pass the medical fitness assessment
- No criminal record.
- Able-bodied, mentally and physically fit
- Complete entry-level fitness assessments
- Submit certified copies of original documentation on making an application
- Code B Driver’s license (Must be a competent driver)
- Successfully pass the Peace Officers course and any other course as required to perform the function as a law enforcement officer effectively
It is the incumbent’s responsibility to, under the guidance and mentoring of an experienced Law Enforcement Officer to study and enforce the City’s By-Laws and Acts and Regulations and to perform Crime Prevention duties. Providing Safety and Security to all staff and the protection of all municipal property
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Visible by-law enforcement and crime prevention
- Protecting Municipal staff and property
- Emergency duties
- Providing VIP protection.
- Enforcing By-Laws
- Admin Functions
- Control Room Functions
- Operating all protective and safety equipment provided and ensuring that the equipment is adequately cared for and maintained
- Carrying out a variety of patrol tasks
- Maintaining all records and registers applicable and compiling accurate reports and/or statements of incidents where necessary
Enquiries: Matthew Ngqwebo Tel: 021 400-9173
Closing Date: 09 March 2012
PLEASE NOTE: NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please forward a comprehensive CV, including a certified copy of your Identity Document, hand-deliver your application to the Strategic Human Resources Employment Counter, 2nd Floor, Tower Block, Civic Centre, 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town.
Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing and that copies of supporting documents will not be returned. Please quote the Reference Code of the vacancy in all communications. Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within two months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS