Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GENESIS ANALYTICS & GEFT
Genesis Analytics was founded in 1998 as the first specialist microeconomics consultancy firm in the country. Microeconomics is the study of labour, product and capital markets. The firm makes use of their analytical capabilities to unlock value for their clients, by improving the decision-making process.
The Genesis Analytics Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT), the educational arm of Genesis Analytics, was formed in order that the firm could assist previously disadvantaged students who are pursuing their postgraduate studies in Economics and related fields.
ABOUT THE GEFT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) is inviting students to apply for postgraduate bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. The GEFT will cover Honours and Master’s degrees in the following fields:
- Applied Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- Development Economics
- Economic Science
- International Development
- Public Health: Epidemiology or Health Economics
The bursary will cover (all or a portion of) tuition fees, prescribed books and stationery. GEFT may also provide funding for additional expenses, such as accommodation and transport, dependent on the Trusts available funds.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Honours or Master’s degree in Economics or Public Health, or related fields
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% for your undergraduate or Honours degree
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must be from designated groups (Indian, Coloured and African candidates)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
Applications must be done online at; Genesis Analytics Bursary Application 2022
(Reference Number: ZSB2021)
Note: Only applications submitted via the online application portal will be accepted. Applications received via email will NOT be accepted.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
- Full academic record/ transcripts, from your 1st year of study to the current date (on university letterhead and in 1 document)
- A writing sample (essay/ proposal/ assignment: a recent submission from the current or previous academic year)
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
The bursary process will proceed as follows:
1) Applicants will be screen against the following: required skills, competencies and experience.
2) Applicants who pass the first step, will be invited to a telephonic interview.
3) Applicants will then be required to complete an online case study assessment.
4) Shortlisted applicants will then partake in a panel interview.
5) Successful students will be added to the Trusts internship database and an offer will be made depending on available project work.
6) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of the deadline, should consider their application unsuccessful.
The bursary selection process will take place between September and October 2021.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GEFT BURSARY
31 August 2021 (at 17:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) directly:
Contact Person: Zandile Shabangu (Grad Recruitment Specialist)