Environmental Resources Management (ERM) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ERM
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) Bursary South Africa | Environmental Resources Management Bursary South Africa | Environmental Resources Management (ERM) was founded in 1971 when it began trading at “ERL” in the United Kingdom. Today the firm is one of the top international providers of health, risk, safety, environmental, sustainability and social consulting services.
ERM provide sustainable solutions to some of the leading global industrial and non-industrial clients – they help them to improve their environmental, organizational and business performance. They provide services to the following industries: Mining & Metals; Oil & Gas; Chemical; Power; Manufacturing & Pharmaceutical; Technology, Media & Telecommunications.
ERM currently operate in more than 40 countries and territories, where they employ more than 5000 staff members across their 160 plus offices.
ABOUT THE ERM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
ERM is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries are available for postgraduate studies, in various fields, including but not limited to Earth Science, Natural sciences, Engineering, Economics and Social Sciences.
Applicants must submit an essay on any of the following essay topics when applying, which have been recorded by departments within ERM (note: these are shortened versions of the essay topics, full essay topics can be viewed here):
Capital Project Delivery
- Topic 1: Development of landscape-focused strategies – stakeholder partnerships, challenges and dynamics of these partnerships.
- Topic 2: EIA regulations and their significance for sustainable development.
- Topic 3: waste management improvement strategies in South Africa.
- Topic 4: Practices companies and investors can adopt to improve their ESG performance and contribute to the COP26 goals.
- Topic 5: Integration of ESG risks into risk management in companies.
- Topic 6: Low Carbon Economy Transitions (LCET) and the strategies and tools businesses and governments should use to navigate the transition from fossil fuels, to address climate change.
Liability Portfolio Management and Remediation
- Topic 7: Environmental risks to investigate as part of the process to decommission a coal mine, to achieve net-zero carbon emissions.
- Topic 8: Possible environmental risks and low carbon solutions for consideration during the redevelopment of an oil refinery/ depot.
MORE ABOUT THE ERM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION & CONTRACT
Applications will be reviewed by ERM’s relevant service line experts and candidates will then be shortlisted based on the following: academic performance, essay writing skills, and chosen area of study.
Bursary recipients will be required to enter into a contract with ERM Southern Africa, which will be reviewed each quarter, in line with the student’s academic results.
Successful candidates will be contacted by ERM – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ERM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed a relevant undergraduate qualification
- You must be currently unemployed
- You must intend on studying towards a postgraduate qualification
- You must intend on studying at a recognised University in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ERM BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at ERM Bursary Application 2022
Reference number: R00011158
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcript (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Essay on 1 of these topics, with the Plagiarism Declaration, included on the cover page (maximum of 3 000 words)
Note: All supporting documents must be uploaded in pdf format.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ERM BURSARY
10 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ERM directly:
Cape Town branch – Tel: 021 681 5400
Johannesburg branch – Tel: 011 798 4300
Durban branch – Tel: 031 265 0033
Contact page: https://www.erm.com/contact-us/
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES