ALPS Resilience WASH Supervisor Vacancy In South Africa
ALPS Resilience WASH Supervisor Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
ALPS Resilience is a small dynamic non-profit organization with a team of core staff based in Cape Town, South Africa. Founded in 2015, our organisation aims to serve communities negatively impacted by conflict and displacement and has implemented projects in South Africa, Mozambique and Tanzania. They design custom interventions that focus on empowering migrants, promoting integration, fostering social cohesion and peacebuilding. Their organisation is looking for a bid development officer to provide the conceptual and technical skills needed to write proposals to secure funding for our activities.
ALPS Resilience is seeking an experienced Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) supervisor to join its Rapid District Resilience Plan (RDRP) Project. The RDRP project seeks to increase social cohesion between communities and local authorities i.e. government and police through constructive dialogue, joint problem-solving and quick impact/ infrastructure projects (QIPs) in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique.
Duration: 6 Months (with the opportunity to extend)
Report to: Project Director
Start Date: 15 November
As part of RDRP project the WASH initiative focuses on:
- Ensuring the supply of safe, potable water for drinking, cooking, cleaning, and personal hygiene
- Promote safe hygiene practices through personal hygiene demonstrations and campaigns that encourage community participation and practise
- Construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation of individual dwellings and gender segregated block toilets and latrines to specifically increase the safety of women, girls and children but further ensure that clean and safe sanitation is always available for everyone
- The overall function of the WASH Supervisor is to improve the quality, ensure the safety and sustainability and mitigate all social and environmental risks and vulnerabilities associated with ALPS development projects.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an appropriate and effective WASH strategy, setting clear objectives and indicators, for WASH activities in consultation with staff and, in consultation with the local communities.
- Design emergency water interventions, suitable hygiene promotion strategy for IDPs, conflict affected communities and institutions like schools and health facilities in Cabo Delgado
- Ensure WASH projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Donor, country, and international standards i.e., Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) standards.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the finance staff and logistics to ensure items are planned, procured, transported, stored, managed, and accounted for correctly.
- Participate in WASH coordination meetings and other working groups or meetings as required, representing ALPS within Cabo Delgado, and feeding back to senior management on relevant issues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Engineering, Water/Resource Management
- 3-5 years field working experience in WASH programming, preferably at an international NGO and in a humanitarian emergency context
- Experience in Fieldwork amongst project-affected people, including internally displaced persons (IDPs)
- Experience working in humanitarian and/or conflict areas/ related work.
- Demonstrated experience at project planning, organizing, and meeting implementation timelines and deliverables as well as budget management
- All canididates are encouraged to apply. Mozambican nationals / residents of Mozambique with professional levels of Portuguese and English will be considered favourably.
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs advantageous.
Strictly send a pdf copy of your CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the subject of your mail as follows: Name & Surname – WASH Supervisor Application
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to this page
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa