West Coast District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
The West Coast District Municipality (WCDM) is situated in the Western Cape province, alongside the Atlantic coast. The district municipality covers over 30 000 sqm and extends about 350 km from north to south. The seat of the district is Moorreesburg
The district incorporates 5 local municipalities, including the Saldanha Bay Municipality; the Bergrivier Local Municipality; the Matzikama Local Municipality; the Cederberg Local Municipality, and the Swartland Municipality.
The WCDM’s main purpose is to share in the responsibility for local government and make sure that the communities within the area have access to resources and services.
ABOUT THE WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The West Coast District Municipality is inviting students to apply for their external bursary program, for the rest of the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded to 3 candidates who reside (or whose parents or guardians reside) within the West Coast Municipal Area.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies (degree: NQF6 or NQF7, or national diploma: NQF6), within these fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
MORE ABOUT THE WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWAL & SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded to 3 students, to the maximum value of R50 000 each (excluding accommodation).
Candidates who have been provisionally awarded bursaries will be contacted no later than 10 June 2022. If you do not receive any feedback within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
We are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the West Coast District Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You, your parents, or guardians must reside within the West Coast Municipal Area
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an undergraduate degree or national diploma, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 1st year of study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited University or a University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 40% for Mathematics OR a minimum result of 50% for Mathematical Literacy in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% OR a minimum overall average of 50% with a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics
- Preference will be given to students from historically disadvantaged societal groups and students living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the West Coast District Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of permanent residential address (applicant and parents or guardians) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (payslips or 3 months recent bank statement if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copy)
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- ID documents of other people dependent on family income (certified copies)
- A motivational letter including: what motivates you studying towards your chosen field, why you believe you should be awarded the bursary (maximum 1 000 words, in your own handwriting on a separate piece of paper)
Notes: 1) Supporting documents must have been certified within the past 3 months. 2) Applications will be marked as incomplete until you submit your Matric final results or latest transcript and university or university of technology proof of registration.
Bursary applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
West Coast District Municipality
P.O. Box 242
(Attention: Manager: Human Resource Development)
– Hand delivery:
West Coast District Municipality
58 Lang Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
10 June 2022 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the West Coast District Municipality directly:
Training and Development section
Contact People: Mrs. Thelma Steinmann / Ms. Charney Erasmus
Telephone: 022 433 8400