Wema Bank Money Transfer
Wema Bank Transfer code makes it very easy to send money to any bank in Nigeria. You can do that within a few seconds, and without the mobile app.
Before Wema Bank introduced USSD codes, customers needed to go to the bank or ATM machine in order to transfer money. Alternatively, they had to download and register on the Wema mobile app. But right now you don’t have to go through that stress; all you need to do now is dial a simple code on the mobile phone number linked with your bank account.
Meanwhile, before you can use this service, you need to register for Wema Bank USSD banking. Or you can skip this step if you’ve previously registered.
To register a newly opened account, simply dial *945*100# and follow the prompt (Account number, Date of birth (format ddmmyyyy), new PIN and confirm PIN). For existing account, simply dial *945*50# and follow the prompt (Account number, Date of birth (format ddmmyyyy), new PIN and confirm PIN).
How to send money using Wema Bank Transfer Code
- To transfer to any bank in Nigeria, just dial *945*beneficiary account number*amount# (e.g. *945*1234567890*10000#).
- If you’re sending to other banks, you need to select the exact bank of the recipient from the list you see before you can continue with your transaction. Afterwards, confirm to see if the full name of the recipient corresponds with what you have in mind.
- Enter your USSD banking PIN to authenticate the transfer.
After you’ve completed all the steps above, you’ll receive a debit alert from Wema bank confirming your transfer.
Wema Bank transfer charges and limits
The daily cumulative limit of Wema Bank USSD transfer code is 20,000 naira. You can increase this to 500,000 naira on Wema Mobile app or by visiting any Wema Bank branch near you.
Transfers to other Wema Bank accounts comes at a cost of 21 naira per transaction while transfers to other banks in Nigeria come at a cost of 52. naira only.
Other points to note about Wema Bank Transfer Code
- Wema Bank USSD transfer code is available to savings and current account holders, but doesn’t work with Corporate, domiciliary and other account types.
- It is secure, reliable and easy to use.
- The service requires no internet connection, but needs a strong-enough network signal.
- The service works with all the networks in Nigeria (MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9Mobile).
- Compatible with all phone types (Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows or Java).
- Accessible 24 hours daily, including public holidays and weekends.