Unity Bank Transfer Code
Unity Bank Transfer code reduces unnecessary hassles involved in funds transfers. In the blink of an eye, you can send money to any bank in Nigeria using your phone, and without the mobile app. In this guide you’ll learn how to use this short code and how much the service costs.
Before Unity Bank launched USSD code for quick transactions, customers had to visit the bank or ATM machine to transfer money. Or, they had to download and register on the Unity mobile app. But now you don’t need to go through that stress; all you need to do is dial a simple code on your registered mobile phone number.
Meanwhile, before you can use this service, you need to register for Unity Bank USSD banking. If you’ve previously registered, then you can skip this step.
To register, dial *7799# and follow all the instructions you see. In the process of registering, you need to enter your account number and choose a 4 digit PIN which you shall be using to confirm transactions. Ensure you dial the code using the phone number linked to your Unity bank account.
How to send money using Unity Bank Transfer Code
- To transfer to a Unity Bank account, just dial *7799*1*Account No*Amount# (e.g. *7799*1*1234567890*10000#).
- To send money to non-Unity bank accounts (other Bank accounts in Nigeria) just dial *7799*2*Account No*Amount# (e.g *7799*2*1234567890*10000#)
- If you’re sending to other banks, you need to select the exact bank of the recipient from the list you see before you can continue with your transaction. Thereafter, verify to see if the full name of the recipient corresponds with what you have in mind.
- Enter your USSD banking PIN or the last 4 digits on your ATM Card number to confirm your transfer.
After completing the above steps, you’ll receive a debit alert from Unity bank confirming your transfer.
Unity Bank transfer charges and limits
The daily cumulative limit of Unity Bank USSD transfer code is 100,000 naira.
Transfers to other Unity Bank accounts comes at a cost of 21 naira per transaction (VAT inclusive) while transfers to other banks in Nigeria come at a cost of 52. naira only (VAT inclusive).
Other points to note about Unity Bank Transfer Code
- Unity Bank USSD transfer code is available to savings and current account holders; however, it doesn’t work with Corporate, domiciliary and other account types.
- It provides a secure and a convenient way to transact with the bank
It saves cost and time
It is reliable and easy to use.
- The service requires no internet connection, but needs a strong-enough network signal.
- The service works with MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9Mobile lines, whichever is linked to your account.
- Compatible to all kinds of mobile phone: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows or Java.
- the code is accessible 24 hours daily, including public holidays and weekends.