SunTrust Bank Nigeria Limited Checking Account Balance
At SunTrust Bank, we care about your privacy.
SunTrust Bank’s customers can make choices about how their personal information may be shared, and we encourage you to make choices that enable us to provide you with quality products and services that help you meet your financial needs.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information, that we hold about you, secure and ensure that it is protected from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification, or disclosure.
Your personal information with us remains secure in view of :
- The strict security measures and technologies we use to prevent fraud and to protect our systems from intrusion.
- Security controls and processes that are updated regularly to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Our employees are trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Protecting Your Privacy
To help you in protecting your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Regularly check your account balance and bank statements and report promptly any discrepancies to your branch.
- Contact us immediately if you believe someone else may have access to your password, user ID, PIN, or other confidential information.
- Do not share confidential information via the telephone or online unless you know or can verify the recipient.
- Ensure that your account records are properly disposed.
- Utilize a secure browser when conducting transactions online, close online applications when not in use, and ensure virus protection is regularly updated.
The Information We Collect
SunTrust Bank will only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and laws.
What Information We Collect and Use
We collect and use information about you to administer our business and provide you with high quality financial products and services. We collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Applications, personal financial statements, and other written or electronic communications reflecting information such as your name, address, identification number, occupation, assets, and income.
- Transactional account history including your account balance, payment records, and credit card usage.
- Information received from third parties, (e.g. government, regulatory, or credit agencies).
How We Use Your Information
Any personal information provided by you to SunTrust Bank will be used for the purpose of providing and operating the products and services you have requested and for other related purposes which may include, updating and enhancing SunTrust Bank records, understanding your financial needs, conducting credit checks, reviewing credit or loan eligibility, advising you of other products and services that may be of interest to you, for fraud prevention, debt collection purposes, and for purposes required by law or regulation.
Sending E-mails to SunTrust Bank.
When inquiring or requesting information about a specific product or service, or in case of volunteering information using any of SunTrust Bank’s contacts, (e.g. General Inquiry form) we will use your e-mail address to reply, and we may store your e-mail address, your message, and our response for quality assurance purposes. We may also do this to meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
Who We Share Information With
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent allowed by law, with:
- Branches and Subsidiaries;
- External Auditors;
- Third party service providers;
- Agents acting on behalf of SunTrust Bank.
- Staff as well as third parties with permitted access to your information are required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances and transactions, and similar information, through various means, such as account statements, Phone Banking, and Internet Banking. If you discover inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify the branch or office where you do business, so that we can make the necessary updates or changes.
Changes to This Policy
- The right to be informed
- The rights to access
Individuals have the right to access information the Bank holds, access their personal data and other supplementary information and obtain information about how we process it
- The right to restrict processing
Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or withdraw their consent to our processing of your information, which you can do at any time. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.
- The right to rectification
Individuals are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If this personal data in question has been disclosed to third parties, they must be informed of the rectification where possible. The Bank must also inform the individuals about the third parties to whom the data has been disclosed where appropriate.
- The right to erasure
Individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling legal or regulatory requirement for its continued processing. The Bank will make sure that this right is protected.
- The right to data portability
We will ensure that personal data is moved, copied or transferred easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to our processing of their information in some circumstances.
Individuals are responsible for making sure the information provided to the Bank is accurate and should inform the Bank on any changes as it occurs, this will enable us to update your information with us.
For More Information
Should you have any questions regarding this statement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09087331440