Sterling Bank Transfer Code
Before Sterling Bank introduced the use of USSD code, customers needed to visit the bank or ATM machine to send money. Alternatively, they had to download and register on the Sterling mobile app. But now you don’t need to go through that stress; all you need to do is dial a simple code on your mobile device.
However, before you can use this service, you need to register for Sterling Bank USSD banking. If you’ve previously registered, then you can skip this step.
To register, dial *822*1*NUBAN# and follow the on-screen instructions. You need to enter your account number and choose a 4 digit PIN which you shall be using to authenticate transactions. Ensure you dial the code using the phone number linked to your Sterling bank account.
How to send money using Sterling Bank Transfer Code
- To transfer money to another Sterling Bank account dial *822*4*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
- To send money to non-Sterling bank accounts (other Bank accounts in Nigeria) dial *822*5*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
- If you’re sending to other banks, you need to select the Bank of the recipient from the list you see before you can continue with your transaction. Afterwards, confirm to see if the full name of the recipient corresponds with what you have in mind.
- Enter your USSD banking PIN or the last 4 digits on your ATM MasterCard to confirm your transfer.
After completing the above steps, you’ll receive a debit alert from Sterling bank confirming your transfer.
Sterling Bank transfer charges and limits
The daily cumulative limit while using Sterling Bank USSD transfer code is 100,000 naira. The per transaction limit, on the other hand, is 50,000 naira only.
To put it differently, you can’t send more than 100,000 naira in one day. Also, you can only send 50,000 per transaction. Therefore, if you intend to transfer 100,000 to someone, then you need to send it in two transactions (50,000 naira each).
Other points to note about Sterling Bank Transfer Code
- Sterling Bank USSD transfer code is available to savings and current account holders; however, it doesn’t work with Corporate, domiciliary and other account types.
- The service requires no internet connection, but needs a strong-enough network signal.
- The service works with MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9Mobile lines, whichever is linked to your account.
- The service works on all phone types: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows or Java.
- the code is accessible 24 hours daily, including public holidays and weekends.