South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SATI
The South African Table Grape Industry (SATI), founded in 2004, is the association for the table grape industry and only representative of producers and producer-exporters. SATI aims to maintain South Africa’s position as the top choice for global retailers.
ABOUT THE SATI BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
SATI are inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies (for Tertiary Education (TE) and Further Education and Training (FET)), in fields of study which are relevant to the table grape industry, including but not limited to the following fields:
- Agricultural Economy
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, food and living expenses (capped at R2,400 per month), as well as any other expenses which students can motivate. The bursary will either cover a portion of these fees, or will cover all fees – this will be determined on a case by case basis.
MORE ABOUT THE SATI BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWABILITY, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and students must reapply for funding each year, which will be granted based on satisfactory academic performance.
Bursary recipients will be required to work for SATI (or an entity related to the SA Table Grape Industry), for a duration equivalent to the funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback by 31 January 2022, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SATI BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- Further Education and Training (FET) bursary: you must have completed grade 8 or equivalent under the South African Qualification Authority
- Tertiary Education (TE) bursary: you must have completed Matric or equivalent under the South African Qualification Authority
- You must be a Black student (especially land reform beneficiaries and their children)
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the table grape industry (or supporting industries)
- You must studying within a field of study relevant to the table grape industry (including but not limited to the aforementioned fields)
- You must studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification
- You must studying part-time or full-time studies
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students and those in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SATI BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursary Application 2022
The online application will require you to provide the following information:
1. Applicants personal details
2. Supporting documentation (per the list below)
3. Academic background
4. Proposed study programme for which you require financial support
5. Total cost and funding requested from SATI
6. Career planning
7. Motivation letter
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Tertiary Education (TE) bursary: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Further Education and Training (FET) bursary: grade 8 certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance/ registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant or pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter explaining why you are applying for the SATI bursary to study towards a qualification relevant to the table grape industry and its value chain, and how your qualification will allow you to achieve your personal goals (maximum 2 pages)
- Signed and completed SATI Bursary Declaration (.pdf)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SATI BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SATI directly:
Tel: 021 863 0366
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December