South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SASCPSouth African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
The South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) was established in 1971 in Pretoria, South Africa by 5 founding members – DF Retief; SA Hulme; E Strydom; PJ Möhr, and PC Nel. The science-based company is a leader in the field of crop science, whose aim it is to encourage research, training, and technology transfer.
The organization shows great commitment to encouraging the public understanding of soil management, environmental management and crop management in order to benefit our society and ensure long-term sustainability. Many of SASCP’s members are greatly involved in research of oil, maize, small grains, and protein seed.
ABOUT THE SASCP BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The South African Society of Crop Production (SASCP) is inviting Undergraduate and Postgraduate students to apply for the bursary award for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the Crop Production field of study (Crop Science or Agronomy), at a recognised University in South Africa.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SASCP BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a full-time Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree, in an area of study relating to Crop Production (Crop Science or Agronomy)
- You must be studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in the previous University academic year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SASCP BURSARY
Download and complete the SASCP Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the below listed supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Last year’s academic record (Matric certificate or tertiary record) (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2022 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Undergraduate students: a brief statement of why you are interested in studying crop production (max 50 words)
- Postgraduate students: title of research topic and objectives
- 2 x reference letters to support your application (in a sealed letter, signed and with the reference’s contact details)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SASCP Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SASCP BURSARY
15 March 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SASCP directly:
South African Society of Crop Production
Contact Person: Lisa Smorenburg
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org