Sorghum Trust Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
Sorghum Trust Scholarship South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – SORGHUM TRUST
The Sorghum Trust aims to provide financial support to organisations, in order that they may conduct research, and collect and disseminate market information, in order to transform the South African Sorghum Industry.
The Trust also aims to ensure that the income of the Trust is used optimally, to provide funding for the Sorghum Industry.
The funding of the Sorghum Trust was made possible after the Sorghum Board was terminated in 1997, and all funding was transferred to the Sorghum Trust.
ABOUT THE SORGHUM TRUST SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Sorghum Trust is inviting students to apply for postgraduate scholarship funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for Masters and Doctoral studies, within fields of study that are relevant to the sorghum industry in South Africa, including the following:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Agricultural Writers
- Conservation Agriculture
- Data Science
- Demand Planner
- Food Sciences (relevant to the crop industry)
- Livestock Science
- Molecular Biology
- Pasture Science
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Entomology
- Plant Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Virology
- Precision Agriculture
- Seed Applied Technologies
- Soil Microbiology
- Soil Science
- Weed Science
- other related field
MORE ABOUT THE SORGHUM TRUST SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The scholarship will be awarded to 2 candidates, to the value of R30 000 each.
The first installment will be paid in January 2022. Funding will be paid according to the submitted and approved progress reports, by the student and their supervisor.
MORE ABOUT THE SORGHUM TRUST SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Once students have graduated, they must work within the sorghum industry of South Africa, for a duration of time equal to that of the scholarship received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to partake in telephonic interviews.
Successful applicants will be notified within 8 weeks of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SORGHUM TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (Masters by Dissertation or Doctoral qualifications only)
- You must be studying at a tertiary institution recognised by the Trust (University, College or Technikon)
- You must intend on conducting a dissertation/ thesis on a topic that has been approved by the Trust
- You must be willing to work within the South African Sorghum industry after completing your studies
- You must have read and agreed to all of the Sorghum Trust Scholarship condition, policies and procedures
- You must agree to the terms of the Legal Undertaking (Section E) on the application form
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SORGHUM TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at: Sorghum Trust Scholarship Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or Passport (certified copy – not older than 3 months old)
- Colour ID photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of tertiary registration and fee statement (on institutions letterhead) (if not yet available, please submit these documents after being registered)
- Full tertiary academic record, including latest results (on institutions letterhead)
- Details of proposed research, including: working research title, description of research and gantt chart
- Motivational letter to support your application, including: details of your academic abilities, financial need and future career goals
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SORGHUM TRUST SCHOLARSHIP
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact L&L Agricultural Services (the Sorghum Trust’s bursary administrators) directly:
Contact person: Marilette Maritz
Tel: 012 807 3958
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND