SOLA Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOLA
SOLA is a solar installation company, located in Johannesburg and Cape Town, in South Africa. The company is a provider of renewable energy solutions, operating throughout the African continent since 2008.
The company specialises in financing, designing and constructing large-scale solar systems and renewable energy facilities. With over 13 years of experience, SOLA has been involved in some of the largest renewable energy projects in South Africa.
ABOUT THE SOLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
SOLA is inviting Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc) students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Students who are entering their final year of study in 2022, in Cape Town, and are passionate about the Electrical industry should apply.
The aim of the SOLA bursary is to encourage solar PV expertise amongst electrical engineers in South Africa.
MORE ABOUT THE SOLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER BENEFITS
Bursary recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Funding to cover tuition fees, up to the value of R75 000
- The chance to partake in paid vacation work (with a stipend to cover the cost of travelling to and from the office)
- Practical on-the-job training, assisting with solar PV designs and solar feasibility studies
- Mentorship from an experienced Engineer, to guide you in becoming a skilled Engineer
- Opportunities to gain knowledge and insight into the full value chain of South Africa’s solar PV industry
- The chance to gain exposure and network opportunities from a trusted solar PV company
- After graduation, the offer of employment as a Graduate Engineer, on a fixed-term basis
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must be residing in Cape Town
- You must be studying towards an Electrical Engineering degree (BEng or BSc)
- You must be entering your final year of study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in Cape Town, South Africa
- You must have completed an assignment or project in solar PV (in your academic or personal capacity)
- You must be willing and able to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Female students are strongly encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
Applicants must complete the SOLA Bursary Screening Questionnaire
(The purpose of the questionnaire is to collect information and determine whether students qualify for the bursary).
Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation via email to: email@example.com
Please note that the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full academic record/ transcripts to date
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOLA BURSARY
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SOLA directly:
Contact person: Nicole Muriro