Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SIBANYE-STILLWATER
Sibanye-Stillwater, founded in 2012, is one of the biggest producers of palladium and platinum, not only in South Africa, but globally. They are also one of the top gold producing companies in the world. The global precious metal mining group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), as well as on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The companies South Africa-based operations include the Beatrix operation (located in the Free State), the Kloof; Driefontein and Cooke operations (located in Gauteng) – these comprise surface and underground gold mining operations.
ABOUT THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sibanye-Stillwater is inviting students from local community and labour sending areas, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded to 10 students, for studies at selected universities, in these fields:
BSc, BTech, BEng Tech and Advanced Diploma in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Ngfinders is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend a panel interview. The selection process may also include pre-screening and psychometric evaluation. Candidates will also undergo a risk-based medical examination, at the relevant Sibanye-Stillwater Occupational Health Care Centre, to determine whether they are medically fit
If you have not received any response to your applications within 28 days of the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the Sibanye-Stillwater’s local community and labour sending areas
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study full-time, towards one of the above qualifications, for the 2022 academic year
- You must be studying or registered to study at one of these institutions: University of Pretoria, University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand or North-West University
- You must have achieved a minimum overall weighted average of 60%
- You must be medically fit
- Preference will be given to female students in their 3rd or 4th year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Application
(Reference number: 508072)
Note: applications will only be accepted online via the link above. Applications received via email, fax, post or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at UP/ UJ/ WITS or NWU, for the 2022 year (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic transcript (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
30 April 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, or if you need help with your application, please contact Sibanye-Stillwater directly:
Contact People: Michael Modisaemang (Human Resources) / Tshidi Dinale (Bosa Mohare)
Tel: 014 495 2642