SAMNET Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAMNET
The South African Muslim Network (SAMNET), established in 2009, represents the interests of the Muslim community across South Africa. SAMNET aims to establish a flourishing integrated empowered society through selfless service as reflected in the principles of Ubuntu, Ukhuwah and Ujima.
The SAMNET BURSARY FUND was formed after receiving many requests from the community to assist students with financial difficulties who were unable to fund their studies in the fields of Media Studies, Journalism, Political Science and other related fields.
ABOUT THE SAMNET BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
SAMNET is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Media studies
- Political Science
The bursary was initiated after an influx of requests from community members, to financially assist students in financial need.
MORE ABOUT THE SAMNET BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the cost of tuition fees only – all other study-related expenses must be covered by the student, a study loan or another bursary.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SAMNET Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback from SAMNET, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAMNET BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- You must be in financial need and are unable to pay for your studies
- You must be eligible for Zakat (read more about the Zakat eligibility criteria here)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAMNET BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at SAMNET Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID or Passport (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter, including the following: why you should receive the bursary, what it would mean to you, how you can help the organisation, as well as your relevant work experience and leadership roles (signed by the applicant)
- Parents or guardians proof of income
- Parents or guardians proof of expenses for other dependents, if applicable
- Reference letter from a non-immediate family member (optional)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAMNET BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAMNET directly:
Tel: 031 207 4223
WhatsApp: 084 333 3979
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Contact form: https://samnet.co.za/site/contact-us/
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND