Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OUDTSHOORN MUNICIPALITY
The Oudtshoorn Municipality governs the Greater Oudtshoorn area, which is situated at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains in the Little Karoo region, within the Western Cape Province. It is defined as a semidesert area and was once the indigenous home of the Koi-San people.
The Oudtshoorn Municipality lies between the George Municipality, the Hessequa Municipality, the Mossel Bay Municipality and the Prince Albert Municipality.
Oudtshoorn’s main economic sectors include (from greatest to smallest): agriculture, forestry and fishing; manufacturing; finance; insurance and construction.
ABOUT THE OUDTSHOORN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The Oudtshoorn Municipality is inviting students who reside within the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality (including rural areas), to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Degree or Diploma studies, in ANY field of study, for a duration of 3 years.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 30 working days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OUDTSHOORN MUNICIPALITY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality (including rural areas)
- You must be currently in Matric or you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a Degree or Diploma qualification, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Students from previously disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE OUDTSHOORN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary Application Form(.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from municipal offices, libraries, Oudtshoorn Thusong Service Centre and the Youth Office (during working hours: 07:30 to 16:00, Monday to Friday).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric the latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of registration or admission into a tertiary institution (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of total household income (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
Department Corporate Services
P.O. Box 255
(Attention: HR Manager: Development & Transformation)
– Hand delivery:
Corner of Voortrekker Road and Baron Van Reede Street
(Attention: Ms M Ayford, Senior HR Officer: Skills Development / Mrs R January, Senior Skills Development Clerk)
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE OUDTSHOORN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
12 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Oudtshoorn Municipality directly:
Contact person: Mr R.S. Claassen (HR Manager: Development & Transformation)
Tel: 044 203 3006