Old Mutual Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OLD MUTUAL
Old Mutual was founded in 1845 in Cape Town, South Africa, as the countries first mutual life insurance provider. Today, the company offers banking; savings; investment; asset management; life assurance; property and personal insurance to its almost 19 million customers across Africa, North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The company has 4 business, including: Old Mutual Emerging Markets (OMEM); Old Mutual Asset Management (OMAM); Old Mutual Wealth (OMW) and Nedbank. Old Mutual is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), as well as the London Stock Exchange (LSE) among others and boasts a workforce of around 64,000 employees.
ABOUT THE OLD MUTUAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Old Mutual is inviting students to apply for their Tech Talent Bursary Programme, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is open to students pursuing Information Technology (IT) qualifications, who have completed their first 2 years of study and are entering their 3rd year of study in 2022.
Old Mutual is looking for candidates with a great Technology mind, who are highly passionate about following a career in the IT sector.
MORE ABOUT THE OLD MUTUAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, book allowance, accommodation is university residence if applicable and one return flight home every year if studying outside of your hometown.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work during university holidays, and they will also receive mentorship and training.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to partake in the TechTalent graduate programme, in Cape Town, for 18 months. Students residing outside of Cape Town will be required to relocate to Cape Town for the duration of the graduate programme.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OLD MUTUAL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards an IT qualification
- You must have completed your 1st and 2nd year of study
- You must be registered for your 3rd year of study in 2022
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be studying at a recognized Higher Education Institution in South Africa
- You must be passionate about a career in Information Technology
- You must be an ambitious top achiever
- You must be driven and determined to succeed
- You must be willing to join the Old Mutual TechTalent graduate programme after graduation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE OLD MUTUAL BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Old Mutual Bursary Application 2022
Reference number: JR-15421
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE OLD MUTUAL BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Contact page: https://www.oldmutual.co.za/contact-us/
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND