Menar Mining Services Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MENAR MINING SERVICES
Menar is a private investment company with investments in various mining assets, including gold, coal, manganese, anthracite and nickel.
The Menar Group has investments in Canyon Coal, Kangra, Sitatunga Resources, Zululand Anthracite Colliery (ZAC), Northern 3 and Caldag Nickel.
ABOUT THE MENAR MINING SERVICES BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Menar Mining Services (Pty) Ltd are inviting students interested in following a career within the Mining Industry to apply for the bursary award. Bursaries will be awarded specifically for the following fields, for the 2022 academic year:
- Mining Engineering
- Environmental Science
MORE ABOUT THE MENAR MINING SERVICES BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, book allowance and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 30 days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MENAR MINING SERVICES BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a naturalized citizen of South Africa
- You must be from the Kathu or Kuruman area (in the Northern Cape province)
- You must study within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be registered and studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% for all courses or subjects written to date
- You must be a previously disadvantaged individual
- You must be in financial need
- Female students and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MENAR MINING SERVICES BURSARY
Download and complete the Menar Mining Services Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric results or certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for the 2021 academic year or application and fee statement (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application (must include details about your academic ability, financial need and future career plans)
- Parents/ guardians financial declaration (must be sworn to and signed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed: certified copy, balance sheet if self-employed: certified copy, sworn affidavit if unemployed, proof of any other income)
* Please note: final year-end results must be submitted within 20 days of the results being available to you. Final selection will then be based on your final results – students who fail to submit their final results will result in their application being disqualified.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Menar Mining Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MENAR MINING SERVICES BURSARY
20 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Menar Mining Services directly:
Tel: 011 783 7996
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com