KPMG Bursaries South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KPMG
KPMG (Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler) was formed in the year 1987 by a merger between Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG) and Peat Marwick International. However, KPMG in South Africa has roots all the way back to 1895 when Alexander Aiken started his Public Accountant and Auditor business in Johannesburg. At the core of KPMG is 2 major firms – Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. and Aiken & Carter. The international firm offers a range of services including audit, advisory and tax services to global clients. At present, the company has an impressive global employee base of more than 162 000 staff members.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
KPMG have 2 bursary opportunities for students studying towards becoming a SAICA accredited Chartered Accountant, or CAs(SA): 1) The Pure Merit Bursary will be awarded based on academic results alone, for students who don’t need extensive funding 2) The Merit Bursary with Financial Needs will be awarded based on academic results AND financial need, for students who would otherwise not be able to attend university.
- Both of these bursaries will be awarded to students with great academic results.
- Applicants should only apply for ONE bursary award – please do not submit applications for other bursary opportunities. You should apply for the Merit Bursary with Financial Needs ONLY if you require full student funding and would NOT be able to complete your studies without extra financial support.
- The bursary will be awarded on the condition that the recipient maintains their academic achievements throughout the duration of the study.
On completion of studies, the student will be required to serve a 3-year training contract/ learnership.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards a SAICA recognised degree
- Studying or intend on studying at a SAICA recognised tertiary institution
- Aim to complete your degree in the minimum number of years
- Matric students: must achieve a minimum of 4 “A” symbols (excluding Life Orientation)
- 1st-year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 70% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 65%
- 2nd-year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 65% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 65%
- 3rd-year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 60% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 60%
- CTA students: must achieve a minimum of 55% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 50%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the KPMG Bursary Application Form (.pdf) Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic results, if at University (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- University official fee statement (less than 2 weeks old)
- A statement reflecting extra costs (such as residence if required)
If applying for a Merit with Financial Need bursary, please add:
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ 3 months bank statements AND utility bill if unemployed)
- Proof of other financial assistance
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com (Insert the words “KPMG Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact KPMG directly: Tel: 011 647 7111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org