JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – JSE
JSE Limited was established in 1887 during the first gold rush in South Africa. It is the oldest and biggest stock exchange in Africa and was previously known as the JSE Securities Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The JSE is now ranked in 19th place among the largest stock exchange markets in the world, according to market capitalisation. The company offers efficient and secure primary and secondary capital markets in a variety of securities. They are the go-to for international and national investors who wish to gain exposure to South African and African leading capital markets.
ABOUT THE JEF BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) is inviting previously disadvantaged, top performing students, to apply for the bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
The JSE Bursary will be awarded for studies within the following fields (Undergraduate or Postgraduate):
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Information Technology
MORE ABOUT THE JEF BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only – should you not receive any feedback from JSE, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JEF BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be in your 2nd, 3rd or Postgraduate (Honours) level of study
- You must have a strong academic record
- Undergraduate students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- Postgraduate students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must be from the designated group
- You must have a total household income of no more than R350 000 per annum
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JEF BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) Bursary Application 2022
Reference number: jse_000226
Applicants will be required to Register an account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Undergraduate qualification certificate, if studying at postgraduate level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- JSE dependents: declaration stating that you are a JSE dependent
Note: applications must also include an affidavit, to confirm that all the information provided on the application is correct.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE JEF BURSARY
31 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Johannesburg Stock Exchange directly:
Tel: 011 520 7000
Email: email@example.com / NomvulaP@jse.co.za
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA & UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES