ITPC Program Coordinator Vacancy In South Africa
ITPC Program Coordinator Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
If this, is YOU, then Apply!
You are eager for exposure to- and experience on the program side of a global non-governmental organization. Although you don’t have a lot of experience in this field, you have a keen interest in public health and in HIV in particular. You are extremely well-organized, able to learn quickly and have an acute attention to detail. Project management is your middle name! In fact, you take great pleasure in completing your “to-do” list and probably love color coding your tasks. You work well in teams, can prioritize in the face of competing issues, remain balanced and efficient in the face of stress, while maintaining a good sense of humor. You are flexible and can excel in a constantly changing external environment like advocacy, that often requires frequent programmatic, financial and operational adjustments.
About ITPC and the Role
The International Treatment Preparedness Coalition Global (ITPC) is seeking a is Program Coordinator (PC) to join our global team. ITPC is a global activist network that fights for universal access to optimal treatment and diagnostics. As an issue-based coalition, ITPC uses HIV as an entry point to the right to health, partnering with affected communities across the world to address treatment access issues for diseases including diabetes, hepatitis C and hypertension.
ITPC’s operational hub, in Johannesburg, South Africa, supports a small global (and remote) team to carry out our mandate to ensure that everyone in need of treatment can get it. The PC position places the successful applicant at the heart of efforts to improve the effective implementation of ongoing program activities in the global team. The successful candidate will form part of the global program team and be responsible for backstopping ITPC’s programs and assigned projects. The PC will also serve as a liaison between programs and finance/administration at ITPC to ensure the highest levels of program impact. This position reports directly to the Program Officer within the program team.
ITPC is conducting a global search for the Program Coordinator role. At the time of recruitment, this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all ITPC projects and program are efficiently managed and operates optimally to ensure program implementation and ultimate impact. The Program Coordinator is a support staff critical to backstopping all project and programs by providing day-to-day coordination, updates, summaries, scheduling and other inputs as needed. This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable global NGO at the forefront of community-led interventions in the HIV sector. Although vast NGO program coordination experience is not required or expected, the ideal candidate should have exceptional skills in project management, administration and coordination, as well as communication.
- Provide project backstopping and management support, including:
- Efficiently map (on a daily basis) workflow details of all ITPC projects
- Work in tandem with finance point person to monitor budgets
- Proactively alert team when adjustments need to be made to spending or specific line items due to donor requirements
- Identify bottlenecks and solutions to project-related work as a part of the program team
- Communicate effectively with program team on project workflow status and escalate critical issues in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate (agendas, time zones etc.) and facilitate calls to ensure efficient workflow and that project milestones are achieved
- Prepare and disseminate meeting notes for internal and project calls as needed
- Contribute ideas, as appropriate, to project/program operations, interventions and strategy
- Review, edit and format program reports before final submission
- Provide general administrative support across ITPC programs:
- Maintain program calendar, send out updates and reminders as necessary on key events
- Initiate and host scheduled conference calls, as required, through zoom or other conference calling systems
- Maintain information of key ITPC contacts – board members, network members and grantees
- Assist with logistical needs for meetings, conferences, and events including travel and hotel reservations
- Assist in organizing travel for staff, as needed for key projects
- Manage and supervise the workflow of consultants:
- Oversee consultants
- Track time and related billing
- Maintain regular contact and monitor progress of their work as per their respective terms of reference/contractual obligations
- Provide updates to Program and escalate issues as needed
- Provide advice and respond to inquiries where appropriate
- Process consultant invoices with appropriate approval
- Write up evaluations for program supervisor review
- Serve a liaison between program and finance and administration departments
- Support the procurement workflow for project tasks and consultants
- Prepare documents for approval
- Salesforce entries and tagging
- Bottleneck and triage
- Communication internally and externally as needed
- Support ITPC’s small grants initiative (serving as link between Finance, Program, Network members and Sub-grantees):
- Collect, review, and finalize packet of documentation necessary for Finance to process small grants
- Liaise with network members and grantees to conduct due diligence and quality control for grants management
- Update all grant management forms and keep track of all reporting deadlines
- Trouble-shoot grant-related issues
- Executive-level support
- As needed, schedule calls and carry out administrative tasks for Executive Director and/or other strategic focus area Leads
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to manage competing tasks, prioritize and produce high-level accurate output consistently
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure; ability to work on own and within various teams
- Foster and maintain harmony among projects and between program & finance staff
- Be proactive, display initiative and be a critical thinker
- Be a champion for compliance, honesty and integrity
- Comfort with numbers and ease working in multiple currencies
- Structured and process driven
- Consistently demonstrate high levels of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values
- Social media competency as plus (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram)
- Strong written and oral communication (including presentation) skills in English is required. In addition to English, the ability to work in another language is a plus
- Comfort working collaboratively both in-person & virtually (using Zoom, Slack, Teams, and other tools)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and perspectives (teams embedded in different cultures/countries)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Health/Development, Public Policy, Economics, or another related field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent research and analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- High levels of organization and attention to detail
- Sound judgment and initiative
- Robust ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently in a flexible and virtual NGO environment
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in at least one relevant language other than English (especially French) a plus
This is a full-time position with an annual salary and benefits range of USD $28,000 to $32,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ITPC has retained People Scope to handle the recruitment process for this position.
Apply via email with your cover letter (1 page) and resume (no more than 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “ITPC Program Coordinator Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”.
ITPC is looking to fill this post urgently, and therefore you are encouraged to apply quickly. Applications will be accepted up to the 19th of November 2021, 5:00pm South Africa time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.