Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ISPA
Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA), founded in 1996, is a South African non-profit company and recognised Internet industry representative body. Historically, ISPA has served as an active industry body to facilitate the exchange between independent Internet service providers, ICASA and other government structures, operators and service providers within South Africa.
ISPA launched the Inspires Bursary programme in 2020 after the 2019 retirement of ISPA’s teacher training programme, which trained more than 3 000 teachers in ICT skills over 19 years, thanks to the support of ISPA members. The “ISPA Inspires” bursary programme will concentrate its efforts on unemployed youth development, with bursaries being awarded to promising young people who wish to achieve their ambitions in the Internet industry.
The companies mission is to support, develop and invest in South Africa’s unemployed youth, by awarding them with bursaries to follow their dreams in the growing Internet industry.
ABOUT THE ISPA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
South Africa’s Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) is inviting students to apply for their “ISPA Inspires” bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary will be awarded to students who are either currently studying or plan to study, towards a field of study related to ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
Students who are interested in a career within the ISP (Internet Service Provider) sector should apply.
Successful recipients will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback from ISPA, then accept that your application was unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ISPA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 35 years old or younger (youth age group, per the National Youth Policy)
- You must be studying or intend on studying within a field of study related to ICT (Information and Communications Technology) (undergraduate studies only – funding is not available for postgraduate studies)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa (University, TVET, private FET college, or higher educational institution)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- You must intend on following a career within the ISP (Internet Service Provider) sector
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ISPA BURSARY
Candidates must follow these instructions to apply:
1) Register an account here: https://ispa.org.za/inspires/user/register
2) Wait for the confirmation email which will contain your login details
3) Login here using your email address and password: https://ispa.org.za/inspires/user/login
4) Fill in the online application form
5) Upload your supporting documentation
6) Wait for feedback on your application
Please note: you may save your application and log in to return to it, but make sure that you submit your application before the deadline stipulated below.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Education background: details about your education, including school, higher institutions, qualifications, and year/s completed
- Name of institution where you will study and proposed course
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Contactable references, including name, contact details and relation to you (employer, teacher etc)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ISPA BURSARY
1 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ISPA directly:
Tel: 010 500 1200 / 087 550 1200
Contact form: https://ispa.org.za/contact-ispa/