Imperial Stellenbosch University Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY & IMPERIAL
Imperial Stellenbosch University Bursary South Africa; Stellenbosch University, located in the suburb of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape province of South Africa, is a public research university and also the oldest university in the country.
Imperial has collaborated with Stellenbosch University with the aim of addressing the problems we face in society pertaining to climate change and healthcare. Imperial’s main goal is to provide bursary opportunities to postgraduate students from 2021 to 2023 and to date, Imperial has attained R3 million in support for their initiative.
This initiative awards bursaries to students with research topics that have been jointly developed by Imperial and Stellenbosch University. The initiative ultimately aims to enhance the student’s exposure to relevant research fields and create a link between the industry and academia.
ABOUT THE IMPERIAL STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Imperial along with Stellenbosch University Collaboration Initiative (SUCI) is offering a Postgraduate bursary programme to candidates for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is available for study at Stellenbosch University, towards Masters and Doctoral Degree studies within the following fields:
- Economic Management Sciences (EMS)
Below are the themes of the bursary programme. A diversity of industry-related topics may be considered for each theme and any relevant fields not mentioned may also be considered:
- Supply chain response to COVID-19 and Healthcare
- Fresh Food Supply Chain
MORE ABOUT THE IMPERIAL SU BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees, as well as contributing to personal and/or living expenses.
The successful candidates will be required to enter into a bursary contract with Imperial which will consist of a ‘work-back agreement’- this means that the candidate will give Imperial one year of service for every year of bursary support they have received (subject to availability).
Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview – further checks may also be completed in order to verify academic records and background.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IMPERIAL STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed a Bachelors Degree in a relevant field of study
- You must intend on studying full-time towards a Master’s or PhD, in 2022
- You must intend on studying at Stellenbosch University
- Current Master’s and/or PhD students may also be considered for this programme, subject to the relevance of their research topics
- Preference will be given to BCI candidates
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IMPERIAL STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Imperial Stellenbosch University Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Proposed research study topic or approved research topic if a current student
- Brief biosketch about yourself (include details like your hobbies, interests, friends, influences in your life and accomplishments) (max 800 words)
- Motivational letter to support your application (you may include a brief outline of your achievements, skills, strengths, circumstances, etc) (1 page: maximum 800 words)
- A letter from a current/ prospective supervisors to support your application
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IMPERIAL STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY BURSARY
28 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Stellenbosch University directly:
The Postgraduate Funding Unit
Tel: 021 808 4208