General Manager Strategy and Transformation MTN Vacancy
General Manager Strategy and Transformation MTN Vacancy
General Manager Strategy and Transformation
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The General Manager: Strategy and Transformation will be accountable for the end to end shaping (i.e. ideating, refining, and business justification), scoping, delivery, performance management and embedment of a portfolio of cross-functional strategic programs linked to MTNs Ambition 2025 strategy.
The General Manager: Strategy and Transformation will lead combined teams of in-house consultants, 3rd party contractors/partners and subject matter experts from the business in project teams depending on program requirements. The position will act as a program lead for multiple programs simultaneously.
The General Manager Strategy and Transformation will also be accountable for building MTN’s program execution capacity through creation and implementation of best practice process, systems and people, management techniques with within their program teams and in the wider organisation.
Context (Global influences, environmental / industry demands, organisational mission etc.)
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates. The Group’s Strategy and Transformation programme must therefore ensure the successful delivery of the transformation in context of:
- Alignment of the Programme objectives with the overall MTN strategy
- Rapidly changing ICT environment
- The geographic complexity of MTN’s foot print across Africa and the Middle East
- Management of executive and shareholder expectations across all 22 OpCos throughout the transformation
- Management of customer and supplier expectations
- Constant dynamics and local challenges in the economic, regulatory and legal environments
- Focus on key strategic programs which require cross functional, cross market collaboration and top management visibility
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
The General Manager Strategy and Transformation will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
Project Shaping and Delivery
Develop programs and define the program scope to achieve a given set of strategic objectives. This will require the translation of high level strategy planning into an actionable set of program deliverables in consultation with the relevant business unit program sponsor
Create the high-level budget and resourcing plan to deliver the scope of the portfolio of programs with support from finance as required
Achieve buy-in for the scope developed from key stakeholders to secure the necessary resources and funds to deliver
Setup the governance framework to steer program delivery with appropriate levels of upward, lateral and downward visibility
Lead the delivery of programs from inception to point of handover to the business units and ensure business are responsible for business as usual ownership, facilitating the required change management and capability building needs in the handover process
Define the measures of success and ensure all program reporting during delivery and post implementation performance and sustainability management is completed as per the applicable performance management framework
Ensure adherence to project budgets and schedules
Proactively anticipate, identify and manage risks which impact program delivery or and drive collaborative mitigation and syndication of risks across all relevant stakeholders
Manage and develop program teams:
- Plan and resource programs with the balance required to deliver effectively, while adhering to program budgets and creatively.
- Engage resources to manage resource constraints that may arise within the business
- Effectively allocate the scope of work between in-house consultants form the Group Transformation pool, external contractors and business unit talent
- Develop the program delivery, technical and soft skills of the program team members and take responsibility for the project teams development, quality of work, ways of work, project lifecycle and post implementation.
- Build MTN’s overall program execution capability
- Contribute to the knowledge repository for cross functional and cross market knowledge share – compile and constantly refine the MTN delivery playbook
- Perform post implementation check-in of strategic programs to enable continuous improvement and drive similar improvement across senior leadership stakeholder groups
- Improve and standardise the quality and effectiveness of relevant key projects’ performance management processes
- Uphold the MTN values in the performance of duties and role model the values for the team.
- Implement and improve tools, processes and people management techniques to build the capacity to deliver, the ability to track progress and impact and to manage risks
- Serve as a subject matter expert on programs both across and outside of one’s portfolio and share best practices learnt with other program leads and teams
- Build a culture and capability of continuous improvement in the Group team and in the organisation, accountable for controlling and managing Capex and Opex spend for the Group Transformation Office
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree
- Minimum Post graduate qualification (MBA/CA/Masters)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in structuring, scoping, and delivering large and complex programs end-to-end and working across diverse stakeholder groups and project teams
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry working with or consulting for telco operators or their strategic suppliers
- Significant experience working across diverse cultures and geographies; building and leading high-performance teams; building and leveraging high-impact executive-level relationships
- Proven track record of business improvement
- Resilience and agility: Ability to lead complex, ambiguous, high profile programs and deal with the volatile nature of a program environment
- Leadership skills: Ability to work across multiple dimensions, approachable, strong listening skills of stakeholder expectations. Strong communication skills at all levels and the ability to collaborate with teams, internal and external stakeholders with/without formal reporting relationships i.e. exceptional ability to lead with influence
- Problem Solving skills: Analytical and critical thinking are essential in evaluating problems and reaching solutions. This skill requires at times logical methodical approach and in other situations creativity and lateral thinking. Persuasion and negotiation will be also important.
- Execution and Implementation Skills: Reliability, results-oriented, proven track record of delivery and can-do attitude
- Challenger mind-set: Ability to engage with senior business stakeholders and challenge the status quo utilizing data analytics and problem-solving capabilities
- Holistic View and Attention to Detail: Balancing the big picture view and attention to detail is a critical skill to build trust with stakeholders at all levels.
- Developing strategies and producing error-free deliverables, leads and demonstrates the Transformation office is thorough and recommendations are solid.
- Prioritisation management: Ability to manage the allocated time and resources efficiently
- Industry knowledge: ability to demonstrate an understanding of the telco industry
- Analytical and conceptual problem solving
- Programme Management
- Performance Management
- Financial Analysis and Modelling
- Business / Process Analytics
- Change Management
- Internal and external Stakeholder/Relationship Management
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa
Social Work Vacancies In South Africa