FoodBev SETA Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Sector Education and Training Authority or SETA is an industry body established in 2000 by the Minister of Labour. SETA is made up of employers, government departments, trade unions and bargaining councils from each industrial sector. There are 23 SETA’s across South Africa, FoodBev SETA being one of them.
FoodBev SETA aims to facilitate and award skills development in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing industry by way of bursary programmes.
ABOUT THE FOODBEV SETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
FoodBev SETA is inviting public universities to apply for the Postgraduate Research and Innovation Bursary Programme, on students behalf, for the 2021 / 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a Doctorate (PhD) or Master’s degree, related to the Food and Beverages Manufacturing value chain.
The bursary was formed as a response to the research and development requirements of the food and beverages manufacturing sector in the country.
MORE ABOUT THE FOODBEV SETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the FoodBev SETA Bursary Bursary.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Masters students: registration fees, tuition fees, research costs, and study material, up to a maximum value of R120 000 (for the entire duration of studies), based on the evaluation outcome of the students’ approved research topics. Bursary recipients will also do coursework.
- PhD students: tuition fees, and costs associated with the research undertaken, up to a maximum value of R150 000, for the entire duration of studies, based on the evaluation outcome of the students’ approved research topics.
Bursary recipients will be required to submit a progress report at the end of each academic year, which must be signed off by the supervisor.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FOODBEV SETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or naturalized citizen
- You must be studying or registered to study towards a PhD or Masters degree qualification
- Masters students: your research topics must be endorsed by your supervisor and be relevant and responsive to the food and beverages manufacturing value chain
- PhD students: you must have an approved Research Proposal by the university, with clear timeframes and estimated year of completion (the expected timeframe for completion of PhD is 2 to 5 years from the current academic year for reporting purposes by the SETA)
- You must be studying at a recognized public university in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding (this must be confirmed by the University Bursary Office)
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FOODBEV SETA BURSARY
Application forms can be requested by emailing: ResearchBursaries@FoodBev.co.za
(Insert the words “FoodBev SETA Bursary Application Form Required” in the email subject line).
The application form must be completed and submitted to your University Bursary Office, along with the supporting documents listed below. Students must NOT apply to FoodBev SETA directly – Universities will apply on students behalf.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration for the 2022 academic year
- PhD students: approved research proposal (including research costs) with confirmation from the recognized tertiary institution
- Master’s students: approved research proposal (including research costs) with confirmation from the recognized tertiary institution and research topic endorsed by the supervisor
- University’s Tax Clearance Certificate
- A signed declaration of intent, progress reports and results to FoodBev SETA officials (signed by the applicant and supervisor)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FOODBEV SETA BURSARY
15 February 2022 (at 16:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA & UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES