Fairtree Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FAIRTREE
Fairtree Bursary South Africa | Fairtree is a top investment manager of alternative and long only investment portfolios, for clients across all global asset classes. The company was formed in 2003 and is located in Cape Town, South Africa. The companies investment professionals manage over R100 billion worth of asset classes, hedge funds, traditional unit trusts, and private equity.
The Fairtree group is made up of these 4 regulated entities: Fairtree Asset Management (Pty) Ltd; Fairtree Capital Hospitality; Fairtree Asset Management LLP and Fairtree Capital International IC Ltd.
ABOUT THE FAIRTREE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Fairtree is inviting students to apply for their Bursary Programme, for 2022 academic year funding. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Business Economics
- Business Science
- Computer Science (BSc)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FAIRTREE BURSARY
- The bursary will cover the full academic period at the selected academic institution.
- Bursary recipients may not change their course of study once funding has been granted, unless they receive written consent from Fairtree.
- Bursary recipients will be required to maintain a minimum overall average of 60% for the duration of their studies, and will be required to provide regular reports/ transcripts.
- Bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary agreement with Fairtree, whereby further T&C’s will be provided.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FAIRTREE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, in one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised public university in South Africa (studies at private institutions will NOT be funded)
- Current Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- Current Matric students and students who have completed Matric: you must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for every subject and a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy) in Matric
- Current University students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FAIRTREE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Fairtree Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- 2021 latest results or 1st semester results, if currently in your 1st year of study (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ preliminary acceptance for 2022 studies (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, divorce certificate if divorced, affidavit if parents are single or separated, death certificate if deceased) (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FAIRTREE BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Fairtree directly:
Tel: 021 943 3760
Or submit your query via the contact form: https://fairtree.com/contact-us-institutional/