Discovery Learnership 2013
Closing Date: 30 May 2012
Discovery is offering the opportunity of a lifetime to 15 of South Africa’s brightest young people living with a DISABILITY. This opportunity is open for South Africans living with a DISABILITY only.
The skills programme consists of structured unit standard based learning combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 300 learning hours.
Successful learners will:
- be eligible to partake in the selection process for our 2013 Learnership.
- gain access to the insurance industry with a better employment profile.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients.
- Demonstrate resilience & drive. This will show in the individual’s desire to pursue goals despite obstacles.
- The ability to relate well to diverse people.
- Detail orientation.
- Desire and potential to learn.
- Basic computer skills.
Certain criteria need to be met before you will be considered for this vacancy:
- Medical proof of disability.
- Be a South African Citizen and have a valid SA ID book;
- Hold a valid & recognised Matric with Maths Literacy (Failed Maths) & English (minimum D symbol).
- Not be engaged in post-Matric studies or formal employment.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years.
- Express a keen interest in administration and customer service.