Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PETRA DIAMONDS / CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE
Cullinan Diamond Mine is situated in town of Cullinan, near Pretoria in South Africa. Cullinan Diamond Mine is owned by Petra Diamonds – one of the top global suppliers of rough diamonds and one of the biggest independent diamond groups by resource.
Cullinan is known as the top global source of very rare blue diamonds. The mine is well known for discovering the largest rough gem diamond ever found, at over 3 000 carats – it was named the Cullinan diamond and was cut to form the two most important diamonds in the British Crown Jewels. In fact, the mine produces many of the world’s most famous diamonds.
ABOUT THE CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Cullinan Diamond Mine is inviting students, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Degree studies within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation in residence or allowance for private accommodation, meal allowance, a bi-annual cash allowance and a travel allowance for vacation work.
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in vacation work at any of the Petra Diamond operations, during university holidays.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 30 days after the closing date – if you do not receive by then, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance, as part of the selection process. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to attend a panel interview before final selection is made.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the Degrees listed above in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa, in 2022
- Current Matric students: you must receive a favourable psychometric assessment report
- Current University or University of Technology students: you must have a strong academic record
- You must pass the panel interview assessment
- You must satisfy the minimum standard, as per the Company Vetting Policy and medical requirements
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the mining sector
- You must be willing to relocate to operations in rural areas if required
- Preference will be given to candidates who achieve a minimum Admission Point Score (APS) of 35
- Preference will be given to children of permanent employees, applicants on the Company scholarship programmes, students from local and labour sending areas
- Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups (in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE BURSARY
Download and complete the Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Application Form (.docx)
Reference Number: CUL539
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted via email to: Clive.Gounden@petradiamonds.com
(Insert the words “Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE BURSARY
8 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Petra Diamonds / Cullinan Diamond Mine directly:
Tel: 031 571 5573 / 087 654 9468
Email: Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com