Clicks Pharmacy Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CLICKS
Clicks Holdings Limited was founded by entrepreneurial retailer Jack Goldin in Cape Town, South Africa in 1968. The company is a group of healthcare; lifestyle; beauty and music retail brands and chains located within South Africa. The retail giant sells a wide range of products across its 795 outlets within Southern Africa and is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange. The company opened its first store in St Georges Street within the Cape Town CBD.
The Clicks Group sells a range of brands including Clicks; The Body Shop; General Nutrition Corporation (GNC); Musica and Claire’s. The company currently has the biggest retail pharmacy chain in the country, with more than 470 pharmacies in-store.
ABOUT THE CLICKS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Clicks Foundation is inviting undergraduate Pharmacy students, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Students who are currently studying at a South African university, may apply for bursary funding for their Pharmacy studies.
The Clicks Foundation bursary will be awarded based on academic merit and aims to address scarce and critical skills within the South African retail and pharmaceutical healthcare industry.
MORE ABOUT THE CLICKS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, as well as access to study assistance and aids when required.
The bursary will NOT provide cover for any fees outstanding from previous years of study.
Candidates will be screened and selected in accordance with the Clicks Foundation selection criteria, as well as the national and provincial economically active population.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CLICKS FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 19 and 35 years
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be currently studying towards a Pharmacy undergraduate qualification
- You must be registered for your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study
- Studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must NOT currently be in receipt of any other bursary awards
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups and students living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CLICKS FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Clicks Foundation Bursary Application
(Reference number: click_bur_004617)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full university academic record, including latest results (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of University registration for 2022
- Proof of disability, if applicable (letter from the medical doctor)
(Candidates can read about the Clicks Foundation Recruitment Process here).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CLICKS FOUNDATION BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Clicks Foundation directly:
Or contact the Clicks Foundation support team:
Tel: 010 140 3099