Canyon Coal Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CANYON COAL
Canyon Coal Bursary South Africa | Canyon Coal, established in 2006, is a coal exploration and mining group of companies that operates in Gauteng and Mpumalanga and has exploration projects across South Africa. The mining company produces in excess of 2.5 MT coal per annum from its various operations, which include the following: the Hakhano Colliery, the Singani Colliery, the Khanye Colliery, and the Phalanndwa Colliery.
Of all the company’s current operations, Hakhano Colliery in Mpumalanga is their flagship opencast mine, which produces more than 40 000 tons of ROM each month. The second-largest operation is the Singani Colliery, also in Mpumalanga, which produces around 140 000 tons of ROM each month.
The Phalanndwa Colliery in Mpumalanga produces around 120 000 tons of ROM each month, and lastly, the Khanye Colliery in Gauteng is estimated to produce around 200 000 tons of ROM each month.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Canyon Coal Gugulethu Colliery is inviting students to apply for their bursary program, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Environmental Sciences (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Metallurgy (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- Mining Engineering (1 bursary to be awarded)
MORE ABOUT THE CANYON COAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, accommodation, and book allowances.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 14 days from the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by then, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANYON COAL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or provisionally accepted to study at a university in South Africa, in 2024
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all major subjects, if currently studying
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students residing within the Msukaligwa Municipality area
- Preference will be given to students in financial need
- Preference will be given to students who are studying or have applied to study at their local tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to female students and students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CANYON COAL BURSARY
Download and complete the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “Ngfinders.com in the field asking how you heard about the Canyon Coal bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic records including most recent results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or application and fee statement (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians, or spouse (breadwinners) ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents, guardians, or spouse (breadwinners) proof of income (latest payslip or letter from the company stating income if employed, balance sheet if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension if applicable – see page 8 of the application form for more details) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter to support your application, including details of your academic ability, financial need, and future career plans (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Canyon Coal Bursary Application 2024” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CANYON COAL BURSARY
9 June 2023 (at 5 pm).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Canyon Coal directly:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please do NOT contact Canyon Coal if this bursary has already closed