Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, located within the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, was established in 2000 after municipal areas were reorganised. Before it became a metropolitan municipality, it was part of the Amathole District Municipality, before the separation occurred in 2011.
The municipality includes the towns of Bhisho, King William’s Town and East London and the townships of Zwelitsha and Mdantsane.
ABOUT THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality is students residing within the municipal area, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
The Municipality will award funding for the following fields of study:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Facilities Management
- Land Surveying
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
** RELATED BURSARIES **
- View our other Government Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other Bursaries closing in October 2021 here.
MORE ABOUT THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWABILITY & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and other study materials.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year at a time, however students are able to reapply for funding with the Municipality each year, based on academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 28 January 2022, and invited to attend an interview. If you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 35 years old
- You must permanently reside within Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality (East London)
- You must have completed Matric, with the following results:
- a minimum “D” symbol (50 to 59%) for English in Matric
- a minimum “C” symbol (60 to 69%) for Mathematics in Matric
- a minimum “C” symbol (60 to 69%) for Accounting in Matric
- a minimum “C” symbol (60 to 69%) for Physical Science in Matric
- OR you must have completed an NCV Level 4 Certificate with Mathematics
- You must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned Engineering, Planning, Science or Finance fields of study, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (preferably within the Eastern Cape)
- You must be willing and able to work within Buffalo City after graduation
- Preference will be given to underprivileged students and students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
- Preference will be given to students who have been accepted to study at a TVET College
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Application forms must be collected from the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, in the Community Support Centers, at one of the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Youth Advisory Centers:
- Mdantsane Library: Dunga St, Duncan Village, East London, 5209
- King William’s Town Civic Centre: 25 Taylor St, Qonce, 5601
- Duncan Village Art Centre: Duncan Village, East London, 5209
- East London Trust Centre Building: 117 Oxford St, East London Cbd, East London, 5200 (7th Floor, Office 706)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence within the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality or letter from the ward councillor confirming residency
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Human Resources Department
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 134
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
29 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Nandi Jaji
Tel: 043 705 1013
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA & UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES