Bigen Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BIGEN
Bigen, founded in 1971, is an infrastructure development company, providing support to African governments and helping them achieve their sustainable development goals, by way of cost-effective infrastructure development solutions.
The engineering firm has rapidly expanded its operations across the African continent, with offices not only in South Africa but also in Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Ghana and Mauritius.
The company provides Environmental; Technical; Socio-economic; Institutional and Financial services in various sectors, namely within the Energy; Health; Transportation; Real Estate and Water sectors.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bigen bursaries are be awarded within the fields of Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition, prescribed textbooks and other necessary expenses. The bursary amount is fixed and does NOT include residential/ accommodation fees.
Apart from the financial assistance, bursary recipients also receive regular communication; inclusion within the Bigen Young Professionals Forum; and invites to functions.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Students are required to take part in 4 weeks of paid vacation work each year and will be able to take up employment with the firm upon graduation.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview, furthermore, all students will receive feedback on the outcome of their application.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a Civil Engineering OR Electrical Engineering degree qualification (1st to final year)
- Studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- Good academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://bigengroup.com/contact/bursary-program
Upload clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy of)
- Colour photo (ID/ passport sized)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institute (certified copy of)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institute (certified copy of)
- Statement of academic results (certified copy of)
- Proof of residence (certified copy of)
- Proof of residential address (original municipal account/ account statement/ bank statement/ original letter from tribal authority or counsellor)
- Affidavit to support of proof of address (if the address is not in your name)
- Proof of banking details (bank statement/ stamped letter from the bank)
- Disabled students: original medical certificate completed on a CETA template (stamped and signed by a medical practitioner registered with the HPCSA) (certified copy of)
Alternatively, you may submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation via email to email@example.com
(Insert the words “Bigen Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Bigen directly:
Contact Person: Yvonne Dusabe
Tel: 012 842 8700/ 8734
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December