BET Software Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BET SOFTWARE
BET Software was formed in 2010 by a group of highly-skilled software engineers, with the aim of providing world-class online and retail betting solutions, as well as other software solutions and systems for high transactional volumes.
BET want to make a meaningful impact within local communities – their extensive CSI programme focuses on empowering individuals and communities, by allowing them to access technology through skills development and the provision of ICT equipment.
ABOUT THE BET BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
BET Software is inviting students to apply for the “BET Dare To Dream Bursary”, for the 2022 academic year. The BET bursary will be awarded for studies within an ICT-related field, specifically the following fields (National Certificate, Diploma, Degree or Postgraduate qualifications):
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology and Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- System and Network Administration
MORE ABOUT THE BET BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will only provide cover for the cost of registration and tuition fees – all other expenses are for the students own account. The bursary will cover 1 year of study at a time – students can reapply for funding with BET each year.
Students will also be able to further their skills development and learning, via the BET work in training programme.
Once students have graduated, they will join the BET Graduate Programme and be required to work for the company – the duration of the service contract will be equal to the duration of funding received.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BET BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying OR intend on studying towards qualification, within one of the aforementioned ICT-related fields fields in 2022
- You must be studying towards a qualification that is 12 months or longer
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a registered Higher Learning institution in South Africa
- You must be achieved a minimum result of 60% if currently studying
- Preference will be given to students who reside close to the tertiary institution they have applied to study at
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BET BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: BET Software Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Motivational letter explaining why deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Details about your course of study, subjects and study programme
- Name and physical address of your chosen Higher Education institution
- Acceptance letter from your institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Proforma invoice from your institution: must include full registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees and course duration (on institutes letterhead)
- Academic transcripts for the last 12 months of study (on institutes letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BET BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact BET Software directly: