AgriSETA Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AGRISETA
The Agricultural Sector Education and Training Authority (AgriSETA) create opportunities within agri-enterprises via education, training and development. They are responsible for the agricultural workforce’s skills development, by facilitating Skills Programmes; Learnerships; Adult Education and Training; in-service training; grants and bursaries.
The AgriSETA is also responsible for accrediting training providers and monitoring their training standards, to ensure a high level of quality education and training.
ABOUT THE AGRISETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
AgriSETA is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year, for studies towards Agricultural related qualifications (Undergraduate or Postgraduate). Bursaries are awarded each year, to full-time or part-time students, who require funding for their tuition fees in order to complete their qualifications.
The bursary will be to a maximum value of R39 750 per annum for undergraduate students and R63 600 for postgraduate students and should be used to pay for tuition fees and textbooks.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by no later than 15 December 2021.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AGRISETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Agricultural related qualification (Degree, Diploma or Certificate)
- You must be studying full-time or part-time (short courses will NOT be funded)
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited College, University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must be unemployed
- You must NOT be in receipt of funding from any other source
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies on the AgriSETA Sectoral Priority Occupations (PIVOTAL) List (pages 41 to 44)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AGRISETA BURSARY
Applications can be submitted in either of the following ways:
2) Download and complete the AgriSETA Bursary Application Form 2022(.pdf)
Note: current bursary recipients are also required to reapply for funding each year.
Submit or upload clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- New bursary applications: most recent exam results (certified copy)
- Continuation bursary applications: 2021 mid-year results (certified copy)
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Tax Compliance Status Verification PIN
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
(Insert the words “AgriSETA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AGRISETA BURSARY
15 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact AgriSETA directly:
1) Andani Sengani Mphehpu
Tel: 012 301 5601
2) Latifa Dube
Tel: 012 301 5671