Accenture Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ACCENTURE
Accenture is a top international professional services company, serving over 350 000 clients in over 120 countries. The company began operating in South Africa in the year 1971 and have close to 2000 staff members in South Africa alone.
Accenture provides its clientele with a variety of solutions and services in digital, consulting, technology, operations and strategy. The company operates in the following industries: Banking; Public Service; Consumer Goods and Services; Health; Software and Platforms; Automotive and Industrial; Insurance; Communications and Media; Retail; Energy; Chemicals; Capital Markets; Natural Resources; High Tech; Travel; Life Sciences and Utilities.
The company is made up of the 5 following sub-sectors: Accenture Digital; Accenture Technology; Accenture Consulting; Accenture Operations; Accenture Strategy.
ABOUT THE ACCENTURE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Accenture Education Trust is inviting students to submit their applications for the 2022 scholarship award. The scholarship will be awarded for studies towards Technology-focused degrees, at selected Universities.
Scholarships will be awarded to students currently pursuing studies, which major in one of the following disciplines:
- Computer Engineering (BSc)
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Data Engineering: Big Data Analytics
- Data Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Electronic or Electrical Computer Engineering (BEng)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Informatics (BCom)
- Information and Knowledge Systems (BSc)
- Information Engineering (BEng)
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Information Systems (BSc)
- Mechanical with Mechatronics Engineering (BSc)
- Micro Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Stats and Data Science (BCom)
Scholarship recipients will receive full funding, which will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, prescribed book allowance, laptop allowance, accommodation in residence and meals. Students will also receive ongoing mentorship during the course of their studies.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCENTURE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizens
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full time, towards one of the above Technology-focused degrees
- You must be in your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or Honours year of study
- You must be studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: the University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of the Witwatersrand, Rhodes University or University of Kwazulu-Natal
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must have a total family income of between R350 000 and R600 000 per year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ACCENTURE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at Accenture Scholarship Application
(Reference number: R00030734)
Candidates are required must follow these steps to apply:
1) Create an account (with your email address and chosen password).
2) Login and select the “Apply Manually” option.
3) Fill in your personal information on the “My Information” page.
4) Fill in your previous working experience on the “My Experience” page.
5) Answers all the questions on the “Application Questions” page.
6) Fill in the required fields on the “Voluntary Disclosure” page.
7) Submit your application after reviewing all the information on the “Summary Page”.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results (certified copy)
- Full university academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Full academic record, including 2021 mid-year exam results or progress report (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (income tax return, payslip, a letter from employer, pension receipt etc: certified copies)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ACCENTURE SCHOLARSHIP
16 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Accenture Education Trust directly:
Contact page: https://www.accenture.com/za-en/about/contact-us
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES