United Bank for Africa Internet Banking
We’re excited to introduce you to our new online banking platform and show you all the new features we have lined up to make banking anywhere, online as easy and as efficient as you want it to be.
Check it out!
UBA’s new internet banking platform is not only now more secure, but it also helps you plan out your expenses better by automating a host of services which you perform on a monthly basis.
The best part in all this is that you can now register yourself using your debit card!
With new phishing tactics and data harvesting evolving on the world wide web, we have included this feature to keep your money safe, no matter what.
Now you can make up to 30 payments per screen to beneficiaries already saved in your history – at the touch of a button!
Take a quick look back at the payments you made in the last X days.
So you don’t have to keep filling the same information in every month, simply save your recurring payments into a template and initiate them with the click of a button in future.
Can’t make it to the branch yourself? Send an instruction on the platform and authorize a 3rd party to pick it up for you.
Top up your mobile phones and those of your loved ones
Account Monitoring: Monitor activities on your accounts, view your loans, etc.
Send money to your other UBA account or someone else’s account in UBA or other Banks. Standing Order is also available.
Pay bills – utility, Pay TV, subscriptions, etc.
24-Hour Availability: Access to your account is round-the-clock – no weekends, no public holidays.
Get best flights and pay directly from your account.
Customize your User ID, your nickname, etc. it is all about you.
Proof of transfer or payment can be printed for all your transactions.
Access to your account is protected with best-in-class technology. You are also notified whenever there is any log-in/attempted log-in to your profile
— Active Account
— Internet enabled devices (computer, tablets, smart phones)
— Completed enrollment form/web form
— Executed Indemnity (for higher transaction limits up to N5m for individuals and N100m for Corporate users)
Terms and Conditions
— Information provided on the enrollment form must match what we have in our records
— Daily limits for Individual – N200k (for SMS OTP), N1m (with Secure Pass without indemnity) and N5m (with Secure Pass & executed indemnity). N2.5m per transaction is allowed for individual users with indemnity.
— SMS OTP is only available to individual users (Corporate users can only use Secure Pass)
— Daily limits for Corporate – N10m (with Secure Pass without indemnity) and N100m (with Secure Pass & executed indemnity). N50m per transaction is allowed for Corporate users with indemnity
Foreign Currency Transfer
• Beneficiary’s details – name, account number and full contact address (not P.O. Box).
• Purpose of transfer.
• Beneficiary’s bank details – bank name, address, swift code (IBAN no./chips, sort code, and bank number, if available).
• Your Hard Token/Secure Pass.
• Go to ibank.ubagroup.com.
• Sign in with your user ID and password.
• Choose who bears the correspondent bank charge. This is the processing fee charged by the Beneficiary’s bank for the service rendered and is not controlled by UBA. Select ‘Sender to bear’ or ‘Beneficiary to bear’.
• Select Transfer Type – by default, the transfer type is Swift Transfer but you have an option of selecting Draft.
• Choose account to debit – note that only your Domiciliary Account(s) will show here. It is compulsory that your selected account is in the same currency you wish to transfer. The system does not allow cross-currency transfer – this, however, does not mean that the Beneficiary cannot receive the funds in other currencies. In other words, only Dollars can be transferred from Dollar accounts, Pounds from Pound accounts and Euros from Euro accounts.
• Fill in Sender, Beneficiary and Bank’s Details (and Intermediate Bank, if applicable.
• Kindly state the purpose of the transfer clearly. General terms such as personal, official etc. are not acceptable. It must be stated clearly e.g. Payment for Toyota Car being imported, School fees for my daughter, etc.
• Review all details and click Transfer. At this stage, Terms & Conditions will be displayed to you. Read and, if satisfied, accept the Terms and proceed to transaction authentication page by clicking Agree (click Disagree only if you want to discontinue the transfer process).
• Input your Token code in the token field and click OK to authenticate the transaction. You will get a response “Successful: Transaction is sent for processing!” You will get telex copy of the transaction (if successful but if not, transaction declined notification and reason for decline)