The Lockdown Collection (TLC) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TLC
The Lockdown Collection (TLC) was created to face the changing times in our world, that was brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of TLC was to face this challenge by changing it into something that could benefit others and lead to a sustainable future. The aim of TLC is to promote the talents of South Africa’s artists (an industry that took a major fall, owing to the pandemic) and they are able to achieve this goal through the generosity of many South African people and their donations.
In the original lockdown of 21 days, TLC brainstormed many ideas as well as series of art pieces that were revealed by various South African artists. These art pieces reflected the feelings, thoughts, and emotions the artists experienced in the lockdown, and everyday TLC uploaded the art to social media and formed an original art collection. The collection was sold (as a whole) during an online auction at the end of the first South African lockdown, and today, TLC is still operating, creating a platform for artists in the country during these trying times.
ABOUT THE TLC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Lockdown Collection (TLC) is inviting students to apply for a Visual Arts Bursary, for the 2022 academic year.
The TLC bursary is a partnership with Artist Proof Studio and the Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA), and is made possible by William Kentridge, who donated a piece of his work to TLC as part of numerous editions to raise funds for bursaries of this nature.
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R12 000 per student.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TLC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a Foreign National currently studying in South Africa
- You must be studying towards a Visual Arts qualification
- You must be studying at a recognised institution (including universities, colleges or community arts programmes)
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TLC BURSARY
Applications must be done online at TLC Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document if a South African citizen or Passport if a Foreign National (clear copy)
- Profile photo of applicant (head and shoulder only, clear, current, and professional)
- Latest academic results (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of registration or acceptance from your tertiary institution, to study towards a Visual Arts qualification (on institutes letterhead)
- 3 images of your best work
- Proof of cost of fees from your institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Banking details of your institution or your personal baking details
- Reference letter from an educator at your institution, motivating your application and need for the bursary (this letter must include their contact details)
- Proof of financial need: 3 months latest personal bank statements
Please note: all documents must be labelled with your name and a description of the document (e.g “Sipho L ID document”, “Sipho L Bank Statements”).
NOTES ABOUT THE TLC BURSARY
- Completing the application form will NOT guarantee to fund.
- All applications must be done online – applications received via any other method will NOT be accepted.
- Incorrectly labelled files could result in disqualification.
- All applications will be assessed by a panel of adjudicators.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 16 August 2021.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANSA BURSARY
31 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Lockdown Collection directly:
Contact portal: https://www.thelockdowncollection.com/contact-us