Subtrop Lindsey Milne Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SUBTROP
South Africa Subtropical Growers’ Association (Subtrop) founded the Lindsey Milne bursary scheme after the late Dr DL Milne, in memory of his endless contributions to the Subtropical fruit industry.
The bursary fund is contributed by the following associations: the South African Litchi Growers’ Association (SALGA), the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) and the South African Mango Growers’ Association (SAMGA), all of which are part of the Subtrop.
ABOUT THE SUBTROP LINDSEY MILNE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Subtrop is inviting students to apply for the Lindsey Milne bursary for the 2022 academic year. Every year, the bursary scheme provides financial assistance to students pursuing studies within the Subtropical fruit industry, in South Africa.
Students who are studying towards a BSc Agriculture degree (preferably majoring in Agricultural Economics or Horticultural Science and related fields) are encouraged to apply.
MORE ABOUT THE SUBTROP LINDSEY MILNE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, OBLIGATIONS & SELECTION
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance. The bursary value will depend on the needs of the students and will be reviewed annually.
Bursary recipients will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with Subtrop. Once graduated, students will be required to work for Subtrop for an amount of time equal to their bursary award.
Subtrop will appoint a panel of judges to make the selection for the bursary. All candidates will receive feedback on the outcome of their application as soon as possible.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SUBTROP LINDSEY MILNE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards a BSc Agriculture degree qualification
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must intend on pursuing a career within the subtropical fruit industry in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SUBTROP LINDSEY MILNE BURSARY
Applications may be submitted in either of the following ways:
1) Online at Subtrop Lindsey Milne Online Bursary Application
2) By downloading and complete the Subtrop Lindsey Milne Bursary Application Form (in one of the following formats):
Applications must be then be submitted electronically via email to Ms Delané Landman: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Subtrop Lindsey Milne Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SUBTROP LINDSEY MILNE BURSARY
Applicants must upload (if applying online) or email (if applying with an application form) clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full university academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Motivational letter stating why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Details of any other bursary or scholarship awards which you currently hold
- 3 references (full name, relationship to you, email address and contact number)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SUBTROP LINDSEY MILNE BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Subtrop directly:
Contact Person: Ms Delané Landman
Tel: 015 307 3676 / 015 307 3677